To all "Role Callers"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Green Eyed

02-08-2013

I hate seeing this. Especially in ranked matches. Yes, you said a specific role you'd like to play so you think you're going to play it. But if you're a first pick and pick Darius top, refusing to even trade so you don't get insta countered, you're a complete dick.

Maybe you should wait before completely shotgunning what champ you want to play. Seeing what peoples strengths and weaknesses are in champ select can help provide strong picks for your team. LoL is about teamplay and communication, and if you can't even work out a team comp because you only care about what you play, you're going to have a bad time.

LavaLeGuard

Recruiter

02-08-2013

I only "role call" in blind pick.

BestScytherNA

02-08-2013

I just say I'm best at ADC/jungle, worst at support.

They get the idea.

Our Final Rites

02-08-2013

What I don't get is that you call a role, but then proceed to do so poorly I can't tell if you have mental disabilities or not.

Y?

Shuix

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed View Post
Maybe you should wait before completely shotgunning what champ you want to play. Seeing what peoples strengths and weaknesses are in champ select can help provide strong picks for your team. LoL is about teamplay and communication, and if you can't even work out a team comp because you only care about what you play, you're going to have a bad time.

Asking/Telling people what role you want to play is also telling your team what your strength and weaknesses are in champ select...

/thread

ChocolateBiscuit

02-08-2013

Usually, I call "Pref. top" or "Pref. mid"

There are three ways this can go down:

First, I get top.
Second: "no i top"
No "please," just "no i top" Then I link them to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prefer

Third: "Could I top please," in which case I'll do whatever else.

Green Eyed

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuix View Post
Asking/Telling people what role you want to play is also telling your team what your strength and weaknesses are in champ select...

/thread
Telling people strong roles you can play is helping. Saying "Top" and then instalocking a top champ without even consideration towards what the enemy team or your team has pick, is not helping.

CaptainMĂ„rvelous

02-08-2013

I say "X is my best but will play anything"

The hidden feature of role calling is that you can WORK WITH YOUR TEAM and discuss what each person is good at. Just going off pick order is a good way for someoen to go "Yeh fuk u man" and troll.

Sure, call order 'doesn't count' but you'll get a lot farther if you work with your team as opposed to against them.

Narshen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

I tell people that I'm competent at mid or top, not bad as support, poor at ADC and that we'll lose if I jungle. Just being honest.

I've almost always gotten one of the first three.

ESG Yknits

02-08-2013

I call for Support because you know what statisticaly speaking there is a high chance that no one will care that I am asking for support because support is boring and if they dont let me support I will go mid or top or jungle. in aproximately 80 games this has happened twice.