Why scream NERF on Kass? How about a simple re-adjustment?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

One thing I hate about Riot is that they simply nerf champs in random ways. What I don't understand is why this is always approach #1, instead of identifying what makes the champion problematic and addressing that.

Look at Yorick. His early game is really strong so theyve nerfed him into mediocrity, but killed his mid to lategame. I dont even see him on dominion anymore.

To fix, Kass they have to identify the actual problem which is his Mobility thru his Ult. That he can jump in, burst,then escape.
Or play Pooters style and be uncatchable.
Even if trapped the fast CD ult makes him very hard to kill.
Riot has nerfed various parts about him but failed to fix the actual issue.

To be honest, AHRI is the "fixed Kass" in many ways due to how her ult works.

How bout simply increase his Ult Cooldown to 20 sec or so? Now he can use it to initiate OR retreat but not both, and not be able to escape multiple times. He wouldn't be as mobile as Ahri but he wouldnt have excessively long CD when he is extremely vulnerable either.

In exchange he can get quite a few BUFFS. Theyd remove the increasing cost of Ult and raise its damage and AP ratio. This way if he uses it as an engagement, his overall burst is harder.
They can increase its range a bit so he retains his "surprise!" mobility, but cannot simply hunt down someone to the ends of the earth.

Re-buff his Q range and damage.

It ought to work for SR and TT as well. Still has great mobility but simply cannot spam it all day long. Increased burst and ratios would make him even stronger at engaging and ganking at the cost of no-escape. Or engage like normal and save teh Ult for escape.
It would change his playstyle to not necessarily be so mana-focused, and play more like KZ.

naotasan

02-08-2013

20 second ult could work if it did more damage and/or bigger aoe.

Hand of Fap

02-08-2013

Like twitch entering invis, maybe his ult cd could be increased by being beat on. Doesn't stop the poot.

Eloquid

02-11-2013

No need to nerf kassa, he's overhyped.

Foxxle

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
No need to nerf kassa, he's overhyped.
Kassadin player currently enjoying his FotM champion.

Koravel

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxle View Post
Kassadin player currently enjoying his FotM champion.
Naw, he's just a moron who thinks he's figured something out that every other dominion high elo player has missed.

He also thinks Jayce is the "highest skillcap" champion in the game, and that Kha'Zix is perfectly fine.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

I have downvotes likely from dickhead Kass players. But no actual explanation as to why this type of rework/adjustment would be a Bad Thing?

There are surely Kass players who feel bad about picking him or even refuse to do so (like Jayce), and a small rework would allow them to play their champ without feeling so bad.

The idea isnt to NERF him, but to deal with the most problematic element which is his very fast CD flash. Riot keeps nerfing his Slow, Nukes, etc. But that isnt the actual issue. Nerfing his Ult CD, while buffing him elsewhere would increase his viability on SR, while removing the problem in dominion (all the while giving him a bit more firepower/burst, while removing some of the safety. i.e. you can have firepower OR safety, not both).

KaWraith

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
I have downvotes likely from dickhead Kass players. But no actual explanation as to why this type of rework/adjustment would be a Bad Thing?
I think this is simply a semantic issue. The definition of nerf is to make something weaker (so it hits like a Nerf gun, instead of a real one)
Simply adjusting/fixing/reworking Kassadin to be functional and not broken, is a nerf. it reduces his power level in the game. This is what everyone has been asking, pleading, begging, threatening, and demanding all along.

Hand of Fap

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
There are surely Kass players who feel bad about picking him or even refuse to do so (like Jayce), and a small rework would allow them to play their champ without feeling so bad.
I used to play a lot of Amu, but feel pretty uneasy about doing so since the intro of BFT. He was buffed ages back for SR so that he could use his ult more often, which should have never been done. Same goes for Kass, fun to play but the wins feel real dirty like.

Eloquid

02-12-2013

Noobs will aways need to have something to brag about, just wondering what will it be after this Kassa hype.