How is it possible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JeezyTheSnowman

02-08-2013

How is it possible that I went from a steady 20 LP for 2-3 games, then 6 LP for the next win, then 3 LP for the next win, then 1 LP for the next. What the **** is that?

Now when I lose I will probably drop a good 15-18 LP, meaning 1 loss counteracts 3 straight wins? This new system is heart wrenching, it's makes it seem even more impossible to rank up then when the ELO system was still in place.

noxToken

02-08-2013

I'm pretty sure that this is how it's always been. If I'm not mistaken, placement matches are worth the most, the few following are worth quite a bit, and then the amount diminishes when the system thinks your are closest to your bracket (at 50% win ratio).

Bellmaker33

02-08-2013

K, I'm just a noob, but I read a lot.

It's called 'clamping.' The system is adjusting your gains and losses because your MMR doesn't match the expected (or required?) MMR for the tier-division you're working towards.

When your MMR stabilizes to match what the system expects, you're golden. (by golden, I mean "good to go," not Gold tier)

Plus, there are TONS (as in the U.S.S. Stennis tonnage) of red posts about this very topic. It's been exhausted, and then exhausted again, and then re-exhausted just for good measure.

EDIT: Turn of phrase = misunderstanding. Added a parenthetical.

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

This is all over the forums already. Search feature and stuff.