Finally a Great use for the "Achievements" Tab! @Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheresZombies

02-08-2013

You know that tab on your Summoner's Profile that's slightly faded? You know, the one that says Achievements? This tab has been in the game for quite some time, but it has never had a use. What if Riot put this tab to good use? We've seen a lot of changes in Season 3 with how matches work, so lets talk Achievements!

Of course we all have our typical idea of what the Achievements tab would look like. If you have a Playstation 3, XBOX, or use Steam you have a pretty good idea of what it could be. But how about instead of adding and creating a long list of things you could do in league, we use what we already have?

With Season 3 we have the new League System for determining your rank among other players. So how would this fit in to the Achievements you may ask? It's pretty simple. Lets say you were to move up in a division, say Silver 3 to Silver 2. In the Achievements Tab it could show that this happened. It could be used to show personal progress, not just epic things you have done (given what you think is epic is different from what I think is epic). Each time you would go up to another division or league this would be recorded in your achievements tab because it would be counted as an achievement.

But that's only one use for Achievements, what's the point?

This is not the only use. Awhile back Riot added the Honor System which is used to promote good behavior. We can add this into the Achievements Tab as well. Lets say you just recently were awarded with Honorable Opponent, this could go into you achievements. It's that simple.

That's still two things though, there still isn't much of a point.

Not so fast! For those of you who are level 30 and look at your ranked stats you know that you are given a fairly large list of statistics for your games. Why not add this as well? In the Achievements Tab we could make a sub-tab called "Personal Bests" which would contain exactly what it says.

Things like:
Longest Win Streak
Longest Lose Streak (Although not as impressive)
Most Kills
Longest Game
Most Consecutive Hours Played
Highest Score (K/D/A Gold/Minions)
# of Doubles
# of Triples
# of Quadra's
# of Penta's
Averages of all of the above
Longest Life
Shortest Life
Top 10 most bought items (by you)
Top 5 Summoner Spells (by you)
Top 10 Champions
*Added as of 5/5/13*
Most Damage done in 10 seconds
Kills by Champion
Deaths by Champion
Assists by Champion
% Win rate Overall, per Map, and Per champion

The list goes on. Seriously, I bet you can think of at least 15 more things.

The point is, why not use what we already have to utilize this unused tab. I'm sure the community would love it if this happened eventually. And of course Riot can always come up with their own achievements so players can earn additional things such as more icons (wink wink).

Thank you for reading!

Angelic Dart

02-08-2013

I like where this is going, the only thing I think I can say about it is make it like the champion tab. Where only the summoner and friends can see it. Only reason why I say this is cause you can see someone flaming someone else cause of some of the stats you can see.

TheresZombies

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dart View Post
I like where this is going, the only thing I think I can say about it is make it like the champion tab. Where only the summoner and friends can see it. Only reason why I say this is cause you can see someone flaming someone else cause of some of the stats you can see.
How about with that would be an added option to edit what appears on your achievements. This would give our profiles a little more personality. For instance, if you don't want people seeing certain stats you could just check a box that would say "Hide from Others" or something along those lines.

Angelic Dart

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresZombies View Post
How about with that would be an added option to edit what appears on your achievements. This would give our profiles a little more personality. For instance, if you don't want people seeing certain stats you could just check a box that would say "Hide from Others" or something along those lines.
Not a bad idea. to improve on that I'd say have it set to hide all from others and then you could go in and change it to what people can see. Only reason I see it like that is cause I highly doubt a lot would know how to change the settings like that unless there was a tutorial for all of this before you actually play your first game.

TheresZombies

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dart View Post
Not a bad idea. to improve on that I'd say have it set to hide all from others and then you could go in and change it to what people can see. Only reason I see it like that is cause I highly doubt a lot would know how to change the settings like that unless there was a tutorial for all of this before you actually play your first game.
Think of it like a Facebook timeline. When introduced you were given the option to do the tutorial and set it up before making it public. That's what this could be like. Pretty much just a version of the Facebook Timeline

TheresZombies

02-11-2013

*bump

TheresZombies

03-11-2013

*bump

omfgbkt

04-10-2013

This would be a great idea, I'm personally always wondering about stuff like this. I'd like to know how many Xkills I've gotten, my best streak, maybe for people who play support have like who youve assisted the most, whos assisted you the most, gold earned, best score, amount of death/kill/assist-less games. You could be able to show those stats to nobody, your friends/groups of friends, or everyone.

And I'm sure being able to look at stuff like this you'd be able to work on your weak/strong points as a summoner better.

Zeff

04-13-2013

To begin, I feel that there should be a list of open achievements that have not been accomplished yet so we have an objective to aim for whenever, like, let's just say for example that you're already in the challenger tier. This would open up to more things available to do while on League other than just playing to win.

a riven main

04-28-2013

Bump. One more thing I think this achievement tab could have, going along with the "goals" aspect, is small rewards. For example, say one of the "goals" were to get your first pentakill. After you get your first pentakill, you get a 5 win IP boost. Depending on the difficulty of the task, you get more rewards. something simple like "capture your first altar in the Twisted Treeline" could maybe win you something very minuscule like +10 IP. Just varying rewards for varying goals to go along with the "personal bests" idea.