Silver 1 to Gold Promotion Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fisherman Bob

02-08-2013

I am in Silver 1. I wont' get into a long history of what is going on, but the system is terribly flawed at this point. I understand that going from Silver to Gold should be a big thing, but the fact is that GETTING to the promotion series in Silver 1 is harder than the series itself. Here is what is happening.

Once you hit 80 LP in Silver 1 you will start to receive EXTREMELY low LP for the win. From 84 pts I won a game and got 8 pts, which took me to 92. I won again and got 4 pts, which took me to 96. I won yet again, this time geting 2 pts, to 98. I have heard some guy got 1 pt now, which means I will most likely have to win 2 more games to even get to promotion series, and if I lose even ONE GAME right now, I will drop 20 LP and have to win, lets count, at LEAST FIVE GAMES IN A ROW to even get to the promotion series, in which then I have to win 3 out of 5. This means that getting to the promotion series is harder than the promotion series itself. Going from Silver 2 to Silver 1 was a cinche, but this is just silly. It is not rewarding at all. I will feel more rewarded hitting this promotion series than I will actually being promoted, because I will have won 7 games in a row just have a shot at the promo. Based on my meager 54% winning percentage pre changes, odds are stacked extremely against me from ever leaving this division. To be completely honest, there isn't a player out there that can legitimately say that they can flat out hard carry 7 games in a row, despite trolls/afks/dcs/feeders/etc, then win the promotion series. It really will have nothing to do with skill but sheer dumb blind luck to get from Silver 1 to Gold. And before you troll me, honestly think about this. I will have to have won 7 games in a row to qualify for promotion, which means, 7 games with no trolls/afks/dc/feeders etc, and if you've played at this elo you know there are not very good odds you will get that 7 games in a row. Lets say I lose my next game and I go down to 76 points. I will then have to win 6-7 in a row AGAIN to qualify. Which means I will have gone 14 or 15 wins for 1 loss. Those are not rewarding odds.

/rant

EDIT: I'm a big enough man to admit my own ignorance. I didn't realize there was a MMR, and I will direct myself to the information. Sorry for ranting, I guess I am wrong.

SilentSir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

That's kind of unlucky, but fortunately not true for everyone.

Friend of mine won 5 out of 6 games getting about 24 points per win. Qualified for promotion series pretty quickly.

Fisherman Bob

02-08-2013

In Silver 1? I know from Silver 2 to Silver 1 it was like that, but since I've been in Silver 1, once I hit 80 pts, It's always like this for me.

adc

02-08-2013

IT's because your MMR isn't high enough. Please read the forums or the subreddit or anything Riot posts ever.