Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Silver 1 to Gold Promotion Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fisherman Bob

02-08-2013

I am in Silver 1. I wont' get into a long history of what is going on, but the system is terribly flawed at this point. I understand that going from Silver to Gold should be a big thing, but the fact is that GETTING to the promotion series in Silver 1 is harder than the series itself. Here is what is happening.

Once you hit 80 LP in Silver 1 you will start to receive EXTREMELY low LP for the win. From 84 pts I won a game and got 8 pts, which took me to 92. I won again and got 4 pts, which took me to 96. I won yet again, this time geting 2 pts, to 98. I have heard some guy got 1 pt now, which means I will most likely have to win 2 more games to even get to promotion series, and if I lose even ONE GAME right now, I will drop 20 LP and have to win, lets count, at LEAST FIVE GAMES IN A ROW to even get to the promotion series, in which then I have to win 3 out of 5. This means that getting to the promotion series is harder than the promotion series itself. Going from Silver 2 to Silver 1 was a cinche, but this is just silly. It is not rewarding at all. I will feel more rewarded hitting this promotion series than I will actually being promoted, because I will have won 7 games in a row just have a shot at the promo. Based on my meager 54% winning percentage pre changes, odds are stacked extremely against me from ever leaving this division. To be completely honest, there isn't a player out there that can legitimately say that they can flat out hard carry 7 games in a row, despite trolls/afks/dcs/feeders/etc, then win the promotion series. It really will have nothing to do with skill but sheer dumb blind luck to get from Silver 1 to Gold. And before you troll me, honestly think about this. I will have to have won 7 games in a row to qualify for promotion, which means, 7 games with no trolls/afks/dc/feeders etc, and if you've played at this elo you know there are not very good odds you will get that 7 games in a row. Lets say I lose my next game and I go down to 76 points. I will then have to win 6-7 in a row AGAIN to qualify. Which means I will have gone 14 or 15 wins for 1 loss. Those are not rewarding odds.

/rant

EDIT: I'm a big enough man to admit my own ignorance. I didn't realize there was a MMR, and I will direct myself to the information. Sorry for ranting, I guess I am wrong.

SilentSir

02-08-2013

That's kind of unlucky, but fortunately not true for everyone.

Friend of mine won 5 out of 6 games getting about 24 points per win. Qualified for promotion series pretty quickly.

Fisherman Bob

02-08-2013

In Silver 1? I know from Silver 2 to Silver 1 it was like that, but since I've been in Silver 1, once I hit 80 pts, It's always like this for me.

adc

02-08-2013

IT's because your MMR isn't high enough. Please read the forums or the subreddit or anything Riot posts ever.