Promotion ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaltLongmire

02-08-2013

I am having a bear of a time getting out of this crappy Bronze V division. It takes 4 wins out of 6 games to just sniff at the 100 LP mark, never mind that you then need 2 more out of 3 from there. That means 6 wins in 9 games. Good luck getting that ratio of chances to win.

There are just too many trolls and feeders in this game. I have had people say that they have checked our stats on lolking and see some of us are ready for promotion so they are trolling. There is no viable way to get out of this spiral when you lose 20 LP and win 11-20 LP, especially if you are a jungler/support player.

Additionally, I check my opponents stats and many times I see that they are in Bronze IV or sometimes even Bronze III. What's up with that?

Check my stats and see that if I am in a legitimate game I do well, if not, I don't. That's a function of the fact that I still try even when things have completely snowballed.

So...Here is an idea for solving the League Point hell: Add the ability at the endgame to vote for a reduced LP loss for players that deserve better than a 20 point loss because of feeders and trolls. Thoughts?

WaltLongmire

02-08-2013

And yes, I know that you are all better than I am, so please hold those comments...

xSCx Jupiter

02-08-2013

It's an idea, but I don't think it will happen. Honestly, persistence is what is required for people to move up. I keep hearing a lot about people being stuck in Bronze V, but honestly I don't see the problem. I only started playing normals last year (before then, just played bot games when WoW was down or arena/pvp was broken) and I only started doing ranked games at the beginning of S3. I have had to deal with feeders and afkers in I think 6 or 7 series, but I was finally able to push to Bronze III.

It's all about playing hard, playing smart, and not losing hope. Bad game? Take a breath, get a drink, and try again. Eventually you will get to the point where you will get cooperative people and you win. During my series it was like, win - series - 2 losses - 2 wins - series - 2 losses - 2 wins.. But I kept at it. Even with a 5 loss streak due to feeders. Just keep at it man. Only thing I can say to help you guys.