AP vs AD Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robotiny

02-08-2013

So I've been practicing with Varus and must say that his AP build seems much better late game. He can knock 60% of enemies life in about 6 seconds, (and to 3 targets with hurricane). I'm thinking of taking him bot. It won't matter that we have no ADC due to the massive % based damage he can dish out.

Just wondering the thoughts of the community.

Also AP varus generally gets more items that have HP on them, so he's much less squishy.

Thoughts?

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

AP Kog does the same thing but much better.
Varus needing to build attack speed hurts him badly.

SLipJeT

02-08-2013

Its nice that his ultimate is a 1:1 ratio, and his blight is ok but your biggest problem will be the rage. People will most likely smash you for playing something innovative, especially if you perform poorly. Id recommend playing a lot of normals with your build, and try building a reputation for yourself if you can perform consistently well. GL

Bawlicker

02-08-2013

6 seconds is a really long time to only get someone to 40% hp with a carry

hello im yasuo

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLipJeT View Post
Its nice that his ultimate is a 1:1 ratio, and his blight is ok but your biggest problem will be the rage. People will most likely smash you for playing something innovative, especially if you perform poorly. Id recommend playing a lot of normals with your build, and try building a reputation for yourself if you can perform consistently well. GL
A friend of mine plays AP Varus mid a lot in Normals and can literally one shot another ADC. If I saw it in Ranked, I'd warn my team to not doubt it.

I Love Slurpees

02-08-2013

Release day Varus build too stronk. It was like Malady/Deathcap. I think it would work out though if you do Runaans/Malady/Deathcap with the 21/9/0 masteries

Soliant

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
Varus needing to build attack speed hurts him badly.
Nashor's tooth = +50% AS and +65 AP...just saying. That being said I don't have the experience playing as or against AP varus to fight for or against it.

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliant View Post
Nashor's tooth = +50% AS and +65 AP...just saying. That being said I don't have the experience playing as or against AP varus to fight for or against it.
He's still burst reliant, needing to build a Nashors, or a Malady, or a Runaans severely holds back his burst damage. He's also made of butter.