Tweaks to the Honor Initiative

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkPyre

02-08-2013

One suggestion I'd like to make if I may is say you unlock both honorable opponent and teamwork, what if each crest corisponded to a different corner of the player card? Or have a single badge that has different lines showing the obtained crests you've gotten and when you obtain them all have a special badge that shows that you've unlocked all 4

RYKK888

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Lyte,
Thank you for all your work with the Honor Initiative and working with the community.

I had a question about multiple crests after seeing these posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qchan2000 View Post
I like all the changes, but I think you should add a feature to have all the crests, Since there's 4 corners you can put a crest on each corner. Or you could just have it to where you can switch out crests or see what crests you have unlocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We did try a few variations of this solution but felt it was too visually noisy and cluttered. We may investigate this more in the future, but are currently focused on optimizing the system and making sure that it's fun and motivating for a majority of players.
And from the Initial Honor Results thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKingCrayx View Post
so what if i have unlocked honorable opponent and other crests, wuld it show two or still only show one?
Quote:
It'd use the current logic and show the most difficult one you have unlocked so far. Since Crests for Honorable Opponent are the easiest to get, if you unlock a second one it will replace the red Ribbon.
Since you have balanced out the ribbons now (and decreased the large number of players who have honorable opponent), what happens now if you qualify for multiple crests? Is that even possible? (I've never witnessed anyone doing this before.) Are they equally balanced now, or are the Great _____ ones still considered more difficult to get? How much harder is it to get the Great ____ crests than Opponent ones?

Personally, I received the honorable opponent crest within the first 2 weeks of the honor initiative at around 93 honors. Since then, I now have 60 Friendly, 41 Helpful, 256 Teamwork, and 222 Honorable Opponents honors.
Do I qualify for the Teamwork one also? I know some honors are weighted more than others and Teamwork requires a variety of honors, but I've seen people with Teamwork and other ribbons who have FAR fewer honors than I do in those areas (especially for Teamwork). And I now have more honors in Teamwork than I do in Honorable Opponent. Is it really that much harder to get Great Teammate then Honorable Opponent, or is this affected by the fact that I already have a ribbon? Is it possible to earn multiple crests?

My story aside, let's say someone is qualified to have earned more than one ribbon (not saying I necessarily have). What determines which one is displayed? If they really were striving for a certain ribbon, is there a way they can choose that one over the others to be displayed?

Anyways, I know that I and a large number of the community would love it if we could earn and display multiple ribbons. Or at the very least, if someone qualified for multiple ones, allow them to choose which one they want displayed. I know you guys are working hard on improving the honor system in different ways, but this would be a feature that would be well received and greatly appreciated by the community as a whole.

Lastly (sorry this is so long), a lot of us are still unclear as to "how many honors" we need, or "what the cut is" for receiving ribbons. I know you can't tell us everything about it and there's a lot of background math involved, but any further info or clarification would be appreciated. Even a very general range would help a ton. I know a veteran player who has around 300 honors in a category, and doesn't have a ribbon, and then I've seen people with far fewer honors who have the ribbon. I've also read the posts when the Honor System first came out about people earning crests at 25-50 honors. I know it's been changed a bit now, but it would be great to have some general idea of what we need to strive for to receive a ribbon. It seems extraordinarily ambiguous and vague currently.

---
Edit: Apparently some people who have posted here have earned multiple crests.

Alkaid

02-08-2013

So How do we get Crests? is it a certain amount of Honor points?

Sky Reflexxz

02-08-2013

Quote:
[aws3]news/February_2013/02_08_2013_Honor_Tweaks/honor_postgraphic.jpg[/aws3]

When we launched the Honor Initiative we saw [URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660000"]an immediate drop in reports[/URL2]. We’re happy with the results to date, and want to talk about some changes we’ve made that affect the way players earn crests. Before we get into these, we’d like to share some pretty interesting stats that helped influence our decisions:

• 73% of Honor is awarded to players you’ve never played with before
  • Currently, about 1% of players have unlocked the Great Teamwork, Leader or Mentor crests, and 16% of players have unlocked the Honorable Opponent crest
  • There’s a 71% chance that a game will be positive if you meet a player who’s unlocked the Great Teammate crest and an 80% chance if they’ve unlocked the Great Leader crest

Based on these observations, we believe it’s a bit too difficult to earn a “Great” crest and too easy to earn Honorable Opponent. Although players who earn Honorable Opponent are generally more positive than those without crests, the numbers suggest that they haven’t been as positively impactful as those players with the other crests. With that in mind, we’ve made a few changes to the Honor Initiative:

• We’ve reduced the threshold for unlocking the Great Teamwork, Leader and Mentor crests, making them slightly easier to obtain
    • Some players will be granted new crests, since they’ll now qualify under the new criteria
  • We’ve increased the threshold required to unlock the Honorable Opponent crest, making it more difficult to obtain
    • Players who don’t meet the new criteria for this crest will have to regain it

We’ll continue to iterate on the Honor Initiative as necessary, and then start working on the next phase of the feature.
Great, I see that it's still worthless to achieve and there are absolutely no incentive to get it! Thanks!

Mokiki

02-08-2013

I have over 100 "Team Work" and still no badge at all. Whats the threshold??

Errantgod

02-08-2013

So?... How do u earn each?. Or still its against national security?

SupportRulez

02-08-2013

When you did the patch for the new ranked system, you took all of my teamwork crests away. Ugh.

ObTop

02-08-2013

<teamwork

masterninjaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

nice changes but i would say that alot of people give Honorable Opponent for skill instead of being humble in a win/lose.

still think you guys need to put in like a slight increase in IP gain when u have a badge and then maybe have levels of the badges so u get a greater IP boost the higher level badge u are. just an idea cuz atm there is no reason to "work" for getting the badges

ObTop

02-08-2013

also im pretty sure it works as a % of your total honors and total games and/or wins. Say its 50% or more for the crest, if you had 100 wins you would need >50 honors. Im pretty sure that its not total games because to have 200 games 100 wins and 100 honors is unlikely.