Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tweaks to the Honor Initiative

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swan2swan

02-08-2013

As a Great Leader, I welcome this change in the hopes that I will find others like me...though I also take pride in knowing that I can always play the "Back in my day, we had to work HARD to get the Great Leader badge! There were no tweaks and adjustments!" card.

I had a game today where everyone had a badge...I had a leader, and everyone on my team had Honorable Opponent, and everyone on the enemy team had red ribbons, too...no idea if there were any leaders over there. I think I won that one, though...

I don't pull rank that much, though. Not how I work.

NinjaC

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Quote:
Qchan2000:
I like all the changes, but I think you should add a feature to have all the crests, Since there's 4 corners you can put a crest on each corner. Or you could just have it to where you can switch out crests or see what crests you have unlocked.

too cool of a idea so it's not going to happen sorry for your lost

Altámbo

02-08-2013

Good change, we literally had only Honorable Opponents

DeafCatMoan

02-08-2013

What is the rate of people newly becoming Honorable Opponents?
(Newly, meaning not the first week of the system, when honor was passed off like candy)

Probably 80% of my honorables are from the first week of the Honor system, and i rarely get them since.

Maybe im genuinely toxic to the community, and this is just the result of my behavior.

swan2swan

02-08-2013

Quote:
NinjaC:
too cool of a idea so it's not going to happen sorry for your lost

Great leader is actually an amalgamation of all the crests; the others just look fine on their own.

Hitboxss

02-08-2013

The system for honorable opponent is stupid. I always hear about the enemy team saying that they are going to honor the feeders, leavers, afk'ers, etc. for giving them a free win. Honorable opponent crest is actually a good indicator of people who make their teams lose games. Just get rid of it or make it so you have to fill out a reason why you are honoring them because it will deter people from honoring feeders since they have to dedicate a little time to actually honor them.

Exploding Barrel

02-08-2013

Quote:
Spitsonpuppies:
I'm hardly seeing anyone giving out honor anymore. You guys need some kind of incentive, because I haven't seen much given out since release week of the system.

To all the people saying "I never see honor given," really you mean you don't receive it. Because you can't "see" others receiving honor. So my advice is to make sure you're being honorable. :P

MortErebus

02-08-2013

Quote:
DeafCatMoan:
What is the rate of people newly becoming Honorable Opponents?
(Newly, meaning not the first week of the system, when honor was passed off like candy)

Probably 80% of my honorables are from the first week of the Honor system, and i rarely get them since.

Maybe im genuinely toxic to the community, and this is just the result of my behavior.

No, I don't think it's you, the rate does fall off pretty rapidly after people are no longer new to the system/game.

BlGFISH

02-08-2013

I have been playing more ranked (and love the new system btw), but I have gotten alot of teamwork a lot the past couple days idk how much but I am suprised I haven't gotten a teamwork ribbon.

Also a question on the system idk if you can answer of someone else. I am in Silver 1 and got to my promotion series really quick in like 8 games and won 2 straight then lost the last three

But now I have been bumping around with games where I am forced to support and can't do much because I try and give people what they want, but when I get a solo I always do really well and now when I get close I get clamped with what I gain. I won 4 straight last night after going win/loss/win/loss etc. But when I got to 89 I figured I would only need 1 more, but won and only gained 6.

So can you still get clamped in your LP gain even if you got to a promotion series and lost it.
Also the one I got +6 on I dominated Elise top as Yorick so I hope I only need one more win for my promotion series and hope it goes better.

/rant

Xanahi

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Quote:
The Forum Troll:
I have great mentor crest +1 for the changes! I'd still like to see an option to choose which crest to show though.

For those that have more than one crest, this would be a great feature.