Tweaks to the Honor Initiative

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TW ReZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

That's all fine and dandy, however, many ppl including myself, have for a long time have complained about the fact that ONLY ONE Badge is displayed in ONE corner, There are FOUR corners & FOUR Badges, why not simply have ALL badges be Available for display, instead of the 1st one!?
And then once someone gets ALL 4, they can have all 4 displayed or maybe Choose Which to display, or have one Super Badge that signifies all 4!

Simply post the 1st one in the normal spot, and then simply work your way down (say clockwise) in that order or something...?! that would entice many more ppl to get even more honor, and then of course, give us those rewards that you were somewhat ambiguous about!?

Thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
[aws3]news/February_2013/02_08_2013_Honor_Tweaks/honor_postgraphic.jpg[/aws3]

When we launched the Honor Initiative we saw [URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2660000"]an immediate drop in reports[/URL2]. We’re happy with the results to date, and want to talk about some changes we’ve made that affect the way players earn crests. Before we get into these, we’d like to share some pretty interesting stats that helped influence our decisions:

• 73% of Honor is awarded to players you’ve never played with before
  • Currently, about 1% of players have unlocked the Great Teamwork, Leader or Mentor crests, and 16% of players have unlocked the Honorable Opponent crest
  • There’s a 71% chance that a game will be positive if you meet a player who’s unlocked the Great Teammate crest and an 80% chance if they’ve unlocked the Great Leader crest

Based on these observations, we believe it’s a bit too difficult to earn a “Great” crest and too easy to earn Honorable Opponent. Although players who earn Honorable Opponent are generally more positive than those without crests, the numbers suggest that they haven’t been as positively impactful as those players with the other crests. With that in mind, we’ve made a few changes to the Honor Initiative:

• We’ve reduced the threshold for unlocking the Great Teamwork, Leader and Mentor crests, making them slightly easier to obtain
    • Some players will be granted new crests, since they’ll now qualify under the new criteria
  • We’ve increased the threshold required to unlock the Honorable Opponent crest, making it more difficult to obtain
    • Players who don’t meet the new criteria for this crest will have to regain it

We’ll continue to iterate on the Honor Initiative as necessary, and then start working on the next phase of the feature.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-08-2013
4 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlGFISH View Post
I have been playing more ranked (and love the new system btw), but I have gotten alot of teamwork a lot the past couple days idk how much but I am suprised I haven't gotten a teamwork ribbon.

Also a question on the system idk if you can answer of someone else. I am in Silver 1 and got to my promotion series really quick in like 8 games and won 2 straight then lost the last three

But now I have been bumping around with games where I am forced to support and can't do much because I try and give people what they want, but when I get a solo I always do really well and now when I get close I get clamped with what I gain. I won 4 straight last night after going win/loss/win/loss etc. But when I got to 89 I figured I would only need 1 more, but won and only gained 6.

So can you still get clamped in your LP gain even if you got to a promotion series and lost it.
Also the one I got +6 on I dominated Elise top as Yorick so I hope I only need one more win for my promotion series and hope it goes better.

/rant
The Great Teamwork, Great Leader and Great Mentor ribbons require combinations of Honor to unlock. For example, you need more than "Helpful" Honors to become a Great Mentor.

AlmightySOUK

02-08-2013

Thank you riot! :d

Ozuar

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Forum Troll View Post
I have great mentor crest +1 for the changes! I'd still like to see an option to choose which crest to show though.
Please make this man's recommendation a reality. That is all.

Saah

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW ReZ View Post
That's all fine and dandy, however, many ppl including myself, have for a long time have complained about the fact that ONLY ONE Badge is displayed in ONE corner, There are FOUR corners & FOUR Badges, why not simply have ALL badges be Available for display, instead of the 1st one!?

Simply post the 1st one in the normal spot, and then simply work your way down (say clockwise) in that order or something...?! that would entice many more ppl to get even more honor, and then of course, give us those rewards that you were somewhat ambiguous about!?

Thx.
It's too cluttered, i've even edited a screenshot in photoshop to see how it would look, and it looks terrible. Like, REALLY terrible.

Sheogorath

02-08-2013

Thank you! Has this been implemented already?

Just a forum acc

02-08-2013

So, when exactly is this going live? Is it already on servers? (EU ones?)

Murduluk

02-08-2013

I have 96 Honorable oponent and 260 teamwork, i am stuck with the red band, wich it didn't take long to get, when would we be able to swich ribbons?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

02-08-2013
5 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko ritsuka View Post
This is a cool change, but regardless of how "easy" it was to acquire the Honorable Opponent badge I know for a fact that I, as well as several friends of mine worked very hard to receive them only to have them taken away shortly after. I understand that mine is a small voice in a large crowd, but wouldn't it be prudent to at least allow players who have earned their badge already to keep them?
A core philosophy of the Honor Initiative is to create a system that encourages players to consistently be positive. If badges were permanent, players would be more inclined to cheat or abuse their way through the system to unlock the badges, then go back to their normal behaviors.

Han Yolo Que

02-08-2013

@Lyte, So I have 65 Teamwork honors, does that mean that I might have the ribbon when I log in today?

Also, I want to thank you for the system because I have noticed a big change since it was introduced!