Suggestion to help with the pick order/calling "problem"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JarlaxelBaenre

02-08-2013

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but here goes anyway ...

Would it be so hard to implement a system that separates the current meta roles, and you would have to pick one before you queue, and then it would match you up with a team accordingly?

Sure, support queue would be .5 seconds and mid queue would take 10 minutes, but wtf cares? If you want to play a more popular role, you'll have to wait longer. Simple as that.

There could even be like an "Don't Care" button, which would team you up with 4 other people who picked "Don't Care".

And as for Riot not wanting to accept the meta, you could also just separate by lanes. Have top, bot, mid and jungle buttons. Then they could kill-lane bot or whatever they feel like rolling bot.

Now this wouldn't totally fix the problems, because people would abuse support queue and queue there and "Call" mid, but maybe if you added a tooltip that shows what the player queued up for, I.E: it would say "support" next to his name or something, so then after the game everyone could report him...

Just a thought.

JarlaxelBaenre

02-08-2013

anyone? :/

Schtauffenz

02-08-2013

I think something similar to WoW's MM... you pick what role you want to fufill then it MMs. Click More roles to get into games faster... but there would be nothing to stop someone who picked jungle from picking an AP Mid and trolling... which would suck