Dear Riot: Please add pre and post-game chat to Tribunal reports.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Offensive Name

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Right now, when a report comes in where a player is accused of honor begging/trading in postgame, or screaming "MID OR FEED" in pregame, it basically comes down to word against word.

I've also played plenty of games where players are 100% silent during the game, then use postgame to flame and harass everyone while they look over stats.

The idea of including chat logs in Tribunal reports is to provide reviewers with an objective way to look at the events of the game and make a decision: fully implementing this would make the Tribunal system much more accurate and reliable.

(PS: Thanks for buffing Sion.)

tempname1032

02-08-2013

no

that makes too much sense

Abroad Unicorn

02-08-2013

I dont believe it would be constructive to add pre-game chat to tribunal reports. People that threaten to troll if they dont get to mid will still do so, even after the tribunal can see it. A more realistic fix would be to have a majority vote system to remove a player from the group, thus resetting the match and avoiding a potentially bad situation before it becomes a problem.

CapnChoGath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbroadUnicorn View Post
I dont believe it would be constructive to add pre-game chat to tribunal reports. People that threaten to troll if they dont get to mid will still do so, even after the tribunal can see it. A more realistic fix would be to have a majority vote system to remove a player from the group, thus resetting the match and avoiding a potentially bad situation before it becomes a problem.
at least this way they can get banned by the tribunal

Offensive Name

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbroadUnicorn View Post
A majority vote seems like a good idea, but it carries with it a lot of other problems: meanwhile at 300 Elo, people are getting kicked from games for playing unpopular champions or trying to deviate from the meta. Not to mention that the way votekicks are timed and replacement players are handled opens up a whole different can of worms.

Ideally, it would be possible to punish people before they ever negatively impact a game, but failing that, making sure they don't do it again works out pretty well too.

(this is also for everyone who instalocks the flavor-of-the-month champ, then tells their team "i'll be back in 20 minutes")

dumpweed

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zxen001 View Post
Right now, when a report comes in where a player is accused of honor begging/trading in postgame, or screaming "MID OR FEED" in pregame, it basically comes down to word against word.

I've also played plenty of games where players are 100% silent during the game, then use postgame to flame and harass everyone while they look over stats.

The idea of including chat logs in Tribunal reports is to provide reviewers with an objective way to look at the events of the game and make a decision: fully implementing this would make the Tribunal system much more accurate and reliable.

(PS: Thanks for buffing Sion.)
So you like to stick around after the game and get offended huh. Quietly hitting report and leaving would be too much work eh.

Offensive Name

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Bamp. Riot?

PhoenixDog

02-08-2013

Signed

mrdude5410

02-08-2013

They've been trying to do that, but it's harder since pre and post game chat are handled by a different client.

Offensive Name

Recruiter

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdude5410 View Post
They've been trying to do that, but it's harder since pre and post game chat are handled by a different client.
Yeah, that makes sense. It'd probably have to be rolled out with a major client update. Still, it would be useful as hell.

Also, to keep things alive, general Tribunal improvement thread, I guess. What kind of changes would you like to see made to improve the experience?