Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some much needed advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DravenGyllenhaal

02-08-2013

Hey, there.
I wanted to talk a little bit about playing ranked games. First allow me to give you my story to help understand a bit of where I'm coming from.

I join league early on in season two, I rushed to level 30 and was extremely excited to start playing ranked! I really wanted to prove myself and all that I had learned on my trip to 30.
I quickly found myself at 800 elo. This is because no matter how much it feels like you understand the core functions of the game. Ya don't know jack, I promise. My personal recommendation is that you don't bother with ranked until you have around 400 normal wins under your belt (Bot games not included).

I've played over 1000 games since then and I've learned much, I've started my climb to the top in season 3 and in 2 days managed to easily walk through 2 Divisions. I still have much to learn about the game and as I travel through the elo brackets I'll gain the knowledge.

The moral here is that there is a lot more to this game than you may give it credit when you start off. But if you're patient and you listen to the advice of others, there will be a place for you in Platinum.

adc

02-08-2013

Blowing my ****ing mind here, bro.

OriginalJack

02-08-2013

Wait wait wait! So you're saying it's in not because Riot coded something into the matchmaker to always give me bad teammates? This has got to be a troll post.

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

Positivity.... it has to be a lie

Bellmaker33

02-08-2013

Quote:
ROKAF JE:

I don't believe you, sir. (obligatory negativity for the sake of polarity)

adc

02-08-2013

Quote:
Bellmaker33:
I don't believe you, sir. (obligatory negativity for the sake of polarity)

No, you're doing it wrong. Allow me to correct you:

"no u fuxin m0ran my t3m are so bad i get 32 cs as jungel cuz i gank lotszszszzs! dat maks me not have gud farm! r u fuxin dumb!?!? omgawd teams suck why cant dey carry me all de time?!"

Bellmaker33

02-08-2013

Quote:
AD Bottom:
No, you're doing it wrong. Allow me to correct you:

"no u fuxin m0ran my t3m are so bad i get 32 cs as jungel cuz i gank lotszszszzs! dat maks me not have gud farm! r u fuxin dumb!?!? omgawd teams suck why cant dey carry me all de time?!"

I ... wait ...

Okay, you're just better at this than me.

Romantic Metro

02-08-2013

Good on ya mate

adc

02-08-2013

Quote:
Bellmaker33:
I ... wait ...

Okay, you're just better at this than me.

I listen to the drivel every day, lol.

Bellmaker33

02-08-2013

I got it. Watch this.

Quote:
DravenGyllenhaal:
Hey, there.
I wanted to talk a little bit about playing ranked games. First allow me to give you my story to help understand a bit of where I'm coming from.

I join league early on in season two, I rushed to level 30 and was extremely excited to start playing ranked! I really wanted to prove myself and all that I had learned on my trip to 30.
I quickly found myself at 800 elo. This is because no matter how much it feels like you understand the core functions of the game. Ya don't know jack, I promise. My personal recommendation is that you don't bother with ranked until you have around 400 normal wins under your belt (Bot games not included).

I've played over 1000 games since then and I've learned much, I've started my climb to the top in season 3 and in 2 days managed to easily walk through 2 Divisions. I still have much to learn about the game and as I travel through the elo brackets I'll gain the knowledge.

The moral here is that there is a lot more to this game than you may give it credit when you start off. But if you're patient and you listen to the advice of others, there will be a place for you in Platinum.

PLUS

Quote:
ROKAF JE:

EQUALS

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
- Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), upon reading a young physicist's paper

On a serious note, I totally agree with OP here. I don't play ranked because I'm not ready for it. I leveled to 30 on bot games because no one told me how baddabaddaBAD that is. I'm now Dr. Baddington because of it, so I lose a lot and learn more. Summoner's Code says try to help make the game enjoyable for everyone else, not just yourself. How can you do this successfully when you're like 8 gajillion Elo below your opponents and team?