Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New rank system has issues.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dóorhinge

02-08-2013

Yesterday I went up a division after playing several games I think 10 or so winning 8 of them with talon. This morning I log on now being in division four of my league play 4 games winning the first two and the losing the next 2 and get demoted. What I don't understand is I won my first 2 games meaning that I my place should be secured in the new division but then I loose 2 games after that and get demoted like wtf. I guess what I really don't get is that I worked my ass off to get up one division and then I get noobs for team twice and get demoted a division ,doesn't seem fair.

iamt3n

02-08-2013

If your MMR is too low compared to your tier/division you will lose more LP than gain until you win enough to prove to Riot that you deserve to be there so they wont naturally try to put you in your place

For example i suppose my MMR is higher than my current tier division because i gain 20-30 LP per game and only lose 10 when I lose. Eventually though when it evens out ill start gaining/losing the same amount when i reach my "true MMR"

Dóorhinge

02-08-2013

That makes sense, I was in Elo hell before this new rank system so my MMR is probably low to my division I will work harder to get back to the higher division and prove right that I'm a boss