Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

oh dis ranked system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SLipJeT

02-08-2013

unlike most people it seems, i dont have a huge problem with the ranked system. I duo with my friend who is ~1750 and ive fluctuated between 1400-1500 and for some reason, there's a few things i've found strange:

1) the first pick person is lower elo than the second pick person (may apply for any pick)

2) most of the enemy team is significantly higher elo than both me and my friend.

Now dont get me wrong, I do often enjoy the challenge and dont have a problem occasionally losing to platinum players, and most of the time we come out +1 or close, but sometimes it feels a little overwhelming when our highest elo player would be ~1800 and that would be equivalent to their second lowest.

At first, one of the reasons for this could have possibly been simply the time that we play. We generally play at anywhere from 1am - 5am PST. Does anyone else who plays in the time zone, have the same "dilemma"?

Jesustim

02-08-2013

your division/tier is only loosely related to your MMR (the new elo). there are people in bronze who could be on winning streaks playing against middle to upper silvers, and people in diamond V playing with gold 1's. the first case will become less common the more games get played as people normalize their tier placement, but the second case will be a problem inherent in the system.

DragnDave

02-08-2013

I played a game the other day where I was against silvers. I'm in Bronze 5 trying like hell to get out and I have to go against silvers to do so? Sounds like bs to me.

adc

02-08-2013

A few things:

Nunu's Captain's. Love the league name, lmao.

Here's your past 5 games, formatted as "Average enemy rating - average friendly rating - difference". This is using the rating that is shown on Elobuff (which is presumably similar to LKS). Elobuff seems to be far more up to date than Lolking (which is good, since I pay for it). Sorry if the values are different from what you get - just working with what I have.

1723 - 1644 - 79
1596 - 1639 - -43
1662 - 1604 - 58
1775 - 1672 - 103
1659 - 1645 - 14

So on average the enemy team is roughly 42 Elo higher than you. Considering you're a duo queue, which are considered to be slightly stronger than two solo queues, as well as the fact you're playing early on in the day (5 AM PST is 8 AM EST, when most people aren't going to be on). Bit frustrating for the higher difference games, but if you can deal with it, good for you.