Help my sticky situation please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Franz Stangl

02-08-2013

okay, so when i first started making my rune-build for tristana i was following a botched guide. So instead of buying AD ruins, i was buying attack speed. So i've got a full rune build of attack speed, is this a gigantic problem? should i scratch it and re-buy a full rune page of AD?

opinions and whatnot are GREATLY appreciated, thank you.

OriginalJack

02-08-2013

You shouldn't use all attack speed or all ad.

For your first page get:
flat AD reds
flat armor yellows
scaling MR blues
flat AD quints

This is the most basic page. Obviously certain champs can put certain specific runes to use but attack speed is usually a jungler kind of thing it's not that helpful when you are laning. For your very first page this is what I would advise.

After this I would work on an AP page.

Franz Stangl

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post

For your first page get:
flat AD reds
flat armor yellows
scaling MR blues
flat AD quints

This is the most basic page. Obviously certain champs can put certain specific runes to use but attack speed is usually a jungler kind of thing it's not that helpful when you are laning. For your very first page this is what I would advise.

so that would work for an ADC?

thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm still just learning the basics to the game (level22) i admit I should probably be a bit more advance than i am now, but i'm still trying

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post

For your first page get:
flat AD reds
flat armor yellows
scaling MR blues
flat AD quints

lolpro.com, and to a lesser extent, solomid.net

I just saved your life

Those attackspeed runes would be good for a Jungler, but you'll need Armor too.

I run 16 AD, 15 Armor, 1.3 Magic Resist (so mid doesn't see me as an easy target, with the green MR number), and 2% attack speed.

Franz Stangl

02-08-2013

Thanks again, i'm sure if the trolls of LoL would come to the forums and learn a bit about learning different roles and whatnot they'd play more as a team.

OriginalJack

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Stangl View Post
so that would work for an ADC?

thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm still just learning the basics to the game (level22) i admit I should probably be a bit more advance than i am now, but i'm still trying
It's fine, runes aren't really that big a deal until lvl 20 anyway.

Yes, you can use that page above for an ADC. You could use it for any role really because it will help with last hitting. It's far from optimal for AP or support but those should be the next two pages you get after that one.

I think the runes I suggested were pretty cheap IP-wise but some other options (for ADC) to consider if you feel like spending a little more would be:

Arpen reds
scaling hp yellows
flat MR blues
Arpen quints or MS quints

Personally on ADC I use flat AD similar to the above pretty often but a mix or Arpen and AD is good if you plan on poking the enemy ADC a lot. I don't like full Arpen personally, I find myself missing too many last hits... but that's just me, try to find what works best for you.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

I have found the following works well for AD champ

Arpen reds
armor yellow
MR blues
flad AD quints

This give you early game farming and enough armor pen to keep you going until you build some (assuming you need too against the enemy). While the armor and MR let you take a few more hits without having to B all the time in lane.