Why do you play Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

I like it because it's quicker and with little focus killing NPC's.

Have to play SR for ranked

Eloquid

02-09-2013

I like it because it's condensed LoL experience. Whatever you'd experience in SR, you have it here, but much faster and more intense. You get to learn much more in shorter amount of time because you see more team compositions working (or not working) against each other. And hell, you don't get to roll your fingers while your champion is returning to action from base, which is complete waste of time.

Ghlymasta

02-09-2013

I Play dominion because unlike SR, if one team wins in kills, the other team can still win the match. I also love how almost all builds are viable on any champion.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

I play for the money and the b!tches.

RiotRival

NOC Technician

02-10-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I started to play Dom when it first came out because it was during the Season 2 update madness that was changing SR constantly. I told myself I'd try out this Dominion mode while I waited for the S2 updates to calm down and that way I'd only have to re-learn things once!

I've stuck around since then, enjoying the more skirmishes and action, not having to worry about the timers on blue/red/baron/dragon/wards, but rather focus just on trying to outlast or out move the players I was against at the time.

I've had many memorable matches in my mind from dominion than I can remember from my SR time, starting before I was a red when I was taking on rickless bot lane, his Ez vs my Lux! (He got 1 kill on me later and it started snowballing, but I still hung in there!)

I've stayed because of the community. I like you guys! Sorry I've been away for a bit, but trying to come back more now to hang out!

Bad Player

02-10-2013

10-minute first win bonuses in beginner bots

Malah

02-10-2013

I came to LoL because I expected PvP, and SR did not deliver on that front. 20-30m of PvE with occasional skirmishes does not a PvP game make, but Dominion delivered on that front where the other side fails.

Admittedly, I'm not sure why I've stayed. Tryhard Elo and how it showcases the balance situation is a bit .. tiring. I like the fast paced action and dynamics, I do not like seeing Kass/Kha/Jayce/Mage/Tank every game.

I suppose it says something about either my stubbornness or masochism that I'm still hanging on.

Koravel

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRival View Post
I started to play Dom when it first came out because it was during the Season 2 update madness that was changing SR constantly. I told myself I'd try out this Dominion mode while I waited for the S2 updates to calm down and that way I'd only have to re-learn things once!

I've stuck around since then, enjoying the more skirmishes and action, not having to worry about the timers on blue/red/baron/dragon/wards, but rather focus just on trying to outlast or out move the players I was against at the time.

I've had many memorable matches in my mind from dominion than I can remember from my SR time, starting before I was a red when I was taking on rickless bot lane, his Ez vs my Lux! (He got 1 kill on me later and it started snowballing, but I still hung in there!)

I've stayed because of the community. I like you guys! Sorry I've been away for a bit, but trying to come back more now to hang out!
That is excellent to hear. Feel free to friend me and we can play sometimes in-game.

What would be even more excellent to hear is that Riot is trying to fix Dominion's current problems.

OT: I play dominion because its fun- the massive team fights- and it takes more skill than SR. Or rather, it takes more skill of the team fighting variety, as a lot of SR, (really, most of it), is who can last-hit creeps the best.

SCIENCE

02-10-2013

I like Dominion because the meta is still evolving and there are play styles that are still being discovered. You get to run comps that aren't that practical in Summoner's Rift do to set roles and laning phase. I also like that there's no Warmog's (but I'm still waiting for Blade of the Ruined King) so it feels more balanced as builds aren't static and burst can actually mean something.

Edit: I don't want Blade of the Ruined King after the buffs. That item built on a bruiser did LESS damage, but now it's pretty balanced for SR and the PBE buffs would cause issue with Dominion (%hp damage, ad, lifesteal, %hp sap, speed steal active, attack speed AND cheap cost).

Sauron

02-10-2013

More focus on teamfights, fewer unknowns ("Is this brush I'm going into warded?"), and laning phase is mostly skipped.