Why do you play Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bunnle

Circa gear

02-08-2013

is faster match

grandmastad

02-08-2013

More tactics needed to win, at a faster pace, then in SR. This makes Dominion my mode of choice. (in my opinion). I do play ranked from time to time though.

MMKH

02-08-2013

More action, more viable builds and champs, less punishing if you mess up early game, shorter games/don't drag out long at all unlike SR, don't require tedious last hitting for farm and XP, and more fun of course.

shadowchamp

02-08-2013

Playing dominion serves as great practice for understanding a champions mechanics and nuances. Great for learning skillshots and various ranges on your spells, when and when not to push your champions limits

IMTOOJUICY

02-08-2013

it's fast, it's fun.

SR laning is fun in it's own way, but it's more fun to just start fighting 3v3 or 4v4 from the get go. The more the merrier.

Albert Dakkar

02-08-2013

No lane phase, you go straight into champ vs champ action. Even in bot which is the most SR-like part its very fast paced. Quick game times means you can roll into another game if you are having a bad time. I like the particular brand of strategy Dominion requires over SR, it just clicks better with me I guess. Also the community is pretty great overall. I also feel like I can play a large variety of champions and make it work.

Panzerzs

02-08-2013

-Fighting as 1 unit (I hope) starts right away = fun
-No wards = tests my map awareness to a whole new level unlike warding a whole dam map
-Trolls on an sr team troll you for extended amounts of time if there is no surrender (already mentioned) which wastes a lot of my time
-Game is tilted based on late game team comps (if 2 good teams match e/o in dom) and items rather than if you win a lane or not...
-Everyone gets fed in dominion, so what's more emphasized in dominion in my opinion, is teamwork rather than last hitting blah blah -.-
-My wins for sr is about 200 and my blind solo Q in sr is about 1550-1600 elo. That is enough for matchmaking to match my 200 wins with people with over 2000-3000 wins which is ****** stupid which is why I quit sr unless I play with friends~

Sengan

02-08-2013

because i can't last hit a minion if my life depended on it.

lbgsloan

02-08-2013

Dominion skips all the boring parts of the game*. No farming, no laning, just fighting PvP like it should be. ARAM has similar merit, but Dominion has a bit more depth to it and isn't 5v5 teamfights the entire game. Smaller skirmishes (ie 2v2 or 3v3) are, IMO, where skill really factors in to the game more. It's not just 'everyone push R' like 5v5 fights tend to be. Also, perhaps an even bigger factor for myself, Dominion players are by far the most relaxed playbase. There's few ragers, less QQ, and people *gasp* just have fun playing a video game. I think it has a LOT of to with the shorter game length, so bad games are over quickly and you can move on with life.

*Unless you are bottom lane, which is why so many people hate it. Even then it is still more tolerable than SR laning.