The problem in ranked isn't so much the bad players...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1efa75aa91aa31

02-08-2013

...It's the trolls.

Bad player? As long as they can listen slightly, then we can win.

Troll? Can't do anything. You're stuck with a feeder, someone who doesn't contribute anything to the match. They pretty much ARE the reason there is an elo hell. The lower you go, the more trolls you get. And if you're unlucky and get a lot of trolls while you're unranked, what can you do?

Example: There are two roles left: support and jungler (surprise!). No one likes support, so i play support a lot. The person left doesn't say a single thing. I suggest for him to support and i can jungle. Still no answer. He picks shaco and i think "good, he is going a jungler." I was wrong. He went bot and proceeded to /taunt and /dance on me. We lost, of course. How can we win a 4v5 with no jungler?

This just raises so many questions asked time and time before: Why waste that time? Why sabotage a RANKED match?

Not to sound like a prude, but back in my day (closed beta) people actually PLAYED THE GAME!!!

Myvanfreecandy

02-08-2013

I completely agree, my past 3 games i had trolls. 0/12 sona 0/10 singed and i forget the other but i got demoted right after i got promoted. There should be something where you get auto ban if you die 5 times within first 10 minutes. NO ONE SHOULD DIE THAT MUCH.

Ranike

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1efa75aa91aa31 View Post
...It's the trolls.

Bad player? As long as they can listen slightly, then we can win.

Troll? Can't do anything. You're stuck with a feeder, someone who doesn't contribute anything to the match. They pretty much ARE the reason there is an elo hell. The lower you go, the more trolls you get. And if you're unlucky and get a lot of trolls while you're unranked, what can you do?

Example: There are two roles left: support and jungler (surprise!). No one likes support, so i play support a lot. The person left doesn't say a single thing. I suggest for him to support and i can jungle. Still no answer. He picks shaco and i think "good, he is going a jungler." I was wrong. He went bot and proceeded to /taunt and /dance on me. We lost, of course. How can we win a 4v5 with no jungler?

This just raises so many questions asked time and time before: Why waste that time? Why sabotage a RANKED match?

Not to sound like a prude, but back in my day (closed beta) people actually PLAYED THE GAME!!!
My post, sorry was logged in on wrong account.

I wondering if these players will stop after i get a ranking? Maybe if they're 'trying' out ranked or are troll in every ranked match, i won't get matched with them. THat's what i'm hoping for at least.

adc

02-08-2013

Not to be an ass, but that's not what prude means.

"A person who is or claims to be easily shocked by matters relating to *** or nudity."

Nakawaka

02-08-2013

I once wanted to go mid, but is in the top stack of champ selection so I'll get countered hard 95% of the time. I asked bottom stack if they can trade me Ahri, but they flat out ignored me so I went with her as she's a safe pick...against a lot of champs. Instead I get countered with Leblanc and by the time the match is going to happen, I noticed the trade button next to the two bottom stack players, who picked MF and Sona for bot. Meaning, they don't see why it's bad for mid to be picked early or try to address my concerns at all.

So I decide to suck it up, pick Cleanse and hope to stall out to mid game and the jungler was nice enough to watch my lane very carefully and make sure I get blue.

But guess which lane doesn't ward and complains about the entire match.

"Bad" players don't communicate or negotiate ideas. Good players adapt to others and what's going in game. Definitely picking up Talon and LB to expand my picks and to remove the doubt of whether or not someone to trade me a preferred mid.

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakawaka View Post
I once wanted to go mid, but is in the top stack of champ selection so I'll get countered hard 95% of the time. I asked bottom stack if they can trade me Ahri, but they flat out ignored me so I went with her as she's a safe pick...against a lot of champs. Instead I get countered with Leblanc and by the time the match is going to happen, I noticed the trade button next to the two bottom stack players, who picked MF and Sona for bot. Meaning, they don't see why it's bad for mid to be picked early or try to address my concerns at all.

So I decide to suck it up, pick Cleanse and hope to stall out to mid game and the jungler was nice enough to watch my lane very carefully and make sure I get blue.

But guess which lane doesn't ward and complains about the entire match.

"Bad" players don't communicate or negotiate ideas. Good players adapt to others and what's going in game. Definitely picking up Talon and LB to expand my picks and to remove the doubt of whether or not someone to trade me a preferred mid.

Get Zed, not Talon. Talon just got a semi-hefty nerf

Zed is hard though. He can top/jungle/mid no problem. Talon usually feeds top and isn't an ideal jungler.