Public Service announcement to those banned, especially for Verbal Abuse/Language:

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

02-08-2013

I find myself doing the tribunal and coming across a LOT of cases that I look at 2-3 games in a case of and REALLY wanting to pardon a person - There's an excellent example from a case today.

The first case, he was on a team who picked 4 smites, where a teemo on his team went 0/9/0 and said at the beginning of the game : "I'm going to feed the entire game and afk, that ok with you guys?" and proceeded to do exactly that. The guy got angry - Rightfully so. I was looking at the case and thinking of a pardon right away.

The next game, he got an AFK guy at the beginning, so again, the guy got angry. This is looking like a pardon to me, I think.

His 3rd game, he starts busting out the abuse. Starts raging at a teammate doing bad, things like this:

"Maokai [00:19:26] qq more scrub hecarim never play ranked again, uninstall"

Among other things like "Kill yourself IRL baddie" and "**** you noob ******* scrub suck my black dick" - The last 2 games in his case repeated the same behaviour , nonstop railing at his teammates and things that can't be anything other than obvious punishes.

Guys - If you're REAL MAD at your teammates because you feel you are being "trolled", use the report button at the end of game screen. You yelling about it and calling your teammates trash, and telling them they should go commit suicide isn't going to improve the state of your game - It's going to make it look like you're a 5 year old throwing a fit. If you're angry at someone, tell them once maybe, in a way that isn't "**** you die of cancer *****" and mute them if you really can't stop typing to them.

This guy is one of hundreds that I've looked at in a tribunal case and wanted to pardon, but I can't because they just rage SO hard at their teammates that it can't possibly be anything other than a punish. If all 5 games matched the first 2, that would've been a pardon.

When people post threads that say "But I'm trolled every game! My teammates hate me and want me to lose!" this is the kind of report card I always see - There may be a game or two where the person is legitimately on the receiving end of trolls, but in almost every case, the person digs their own grave with how they talk in the game towards their teammates.

Just keep it to yourself if you're real mad. That's what the report button and ignore function is for - You're in the game to win the game, and your words aren't going to make 4 random people perform better, no matter how angrily you smash em into the keyboard. If you really want to not be banned, follow this - It'll make your life easier.

PenguinKillBear

02-08-2013

well done my kind snorlax

LargeSnorlax

02-08-2013

I'm just sad whenever I see people I KNOW are ACTUALLY getting trolled in a couple legitimate games that I also KNOW I have to punish because they didn't just rage out once, but they did it for the entire time in 2-3 consecutive games afterwards.

Save yourself the time, the stress, the headache and the tribunal case - Chill out. Use that report function, and don't spam this stuff through games. Your opponents don't care, and your teammates hate it.

PenguinKillBear

02-08-2013

By the the third game of not-punishable behavior I find myself always rooting for them! Like come one you are so close dont do anything stupi.................damn. You just had to go call that guy a f*g didnt you? Then I get sad.

meadow

02-08-2013

I feel sad when I see four cases without anything punishable and finally can think about clicking on pardon.

Then I see the last case with 0/20 and 6 slots of wards and think: What has gone wrong?

LargeSnorlax

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadow View Post
I feel sad when I see four cases without anything punishable and finally can think about clicking on pardon.

Then I see the last case with 0/20 and 6 slots of wards and think: What has gone wrong?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I always feel so happy I get to click pardon - Then I see the worst game of racism ever, combined with a 0/28/0 teleport revive rammus in it where he screams "TOUCH DOWNNNNNN" every time he runs into the nexus.

Alanja

02-08-2013

I am the same ...

It is like an excitement curve:
Game 1: Excellent behavior - Pardon (I smile)
Game 2: Another excellent behavior - Pardon (Yay o^.^o)
Game 3: Ah well a bit frustrated but okay - Pardon (Still Smiling)
Game 4: No word and good score - Pardon (Finally a pardon again )
Game 5: What the hell -.- - Punish (Me sad )

PenguinKillBear

02-08-2013

and people think we are mean hearted

KUBlueBarracuda

02-08-2013

Up vote and bump for awareness of well thought and concise posts.

Akado Bayushi

02-08-2013

If you find you're in a losing streak, or even a streak where your teammates just aren't good teammates... Take a break!

If you've had three games with annoying trolls, you don't want the fourth game to feature you as the troll =/

12345 ... 7