Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, Something needs to be done about Smurfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KitStylus

02-08-2013

Riot i understand you have taken many precautions to keep the game healthy and to keep Toxic players in check, but i feel
that your overlooking this problem that will prevent the community from growing. Smurfing is threatening one of the most
important aspects of the community, the new player base, their constantly being harassed and prevented from
enjoying the game. Without new players the community will become stale and it won't continue to grow.

Yesterday i decided to get a friend into League, i told him to do bots, but he said he wanted to learn by playing with real people.
I'm not a pro player, if you check my account you'll see I'm not even lv 30 and that i play casually vs bots. I decided to make a
new account and pick a champion i never played to give him support and teach him zoning, last hitting etc. I decided just to
sit back and watch some newbies play...was i wrong...

It didn't take long to notice all the high level play and high level builds coming from lv1 players. My friend ended up going 0/11,
and me being lv 25 0/7, i couldn't even show him the game because we were too busy getting killed.

TL;DR Smurfs are a huge problem for this community, i find it disgusting people making lv 1 accounts and going 35/0 vs people
who are buying 2/3 pairs of boots. Riot you need to implement a system to reduce smurfing because right now your game is NOT
accessible to new players, maybe something based on KDA and ELO.

please keep this bumped, thanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KitStylus

02-08-2013

I forgot to add Riot, the level of toxic behavior that newbies experience is like nothing you ever seen. Since a lot of smurfs are people who just got
banned they come back with the sole purpose of unloading al their rage on the newbies. They don't care about their behavior when
their lv1. the LoL community may look like it's growing but in reality is just these griefers making new accounts.

I think a system that gives new players a bracket under KDA averages would eliminate high level smurfs while allowing people to play
with their level one friends as long as they don't stomp on the newbies and going 30+ kills.