What if Odyn's were more like Randuin's?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

02-09-2013

Re-read that statement. People should propose ideas. They should just think them through a bit more, not post any random thought that they came up with immediately, without any filtering.

When we think of those who share everything without the capacity to filter we usually think of kids.

Re-read what I said, it's not "Don't share ideas", but "Don't share stupid ideas". You will also note your translation of me attributes me ad-hominems. I told him his idea is stupid, not he himself. There's a huge difference between the two, one is mud-slinging and the other is part of what you do in a discussion.

Redeemed In Fire

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Re-read that statement. People should propose ideas. They should just think them through a bit more, not post any random thought that they came up with immediately, without any filtering.

When we think of those who share everything without the capacity to filter we usually think of kids.

Re-read what I said, it's not "Don't share ideas", but "Don't share stupid ideas". You will also note your translation of me attributes me ad-hominems. I told him his idea is stupid, not he himself. There's a huge difference between the two, one is mud-slinging and the other is part of what you do in a discussion.
I vehemently disagree that his idea was stupid. It's an interesting idea and worth consideration, though ultimately not one that would work. All I'm saying is that rejecting an idea out of hand and telling someone to stop posting "stupid" ideas because of flaws that seem obvious to you comes off as abrasive and negative. It's also easy to read as a personal attack even when/if it's not (as my post demonstrates).

And now, for an alternate concept: What if there was some form of cooldown penalty for casting abilities on a target with Odyns? And an AoE silence active that slightly scales off of some sort of stat.

A Slime Appears

02-09-2013

I'm guessing it seems interesting and worth consideration because your own ideas are bad. An AoE silence? Silence is the least enjoyable thing in this game, we don't need more >_>

Also, for the last goddamn time, Lightbringer works because the passive only affects the 2 heroes it was meant to and no one else. If your solution affects a bunch of heroes, including ones in a much worse situation than Kassadin, it breaks more than it works. It's bad

Redeemed In Fire

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
I'm guessing it seems interesting and worth consideration because your own ideas are bad. An AoE silence? Silence is the least enjoyable thing in this game, we don't need more >_>

Also, for the last goddamn time, Lightbringer works because the passive only affects the 2 heroes it was meant to and no one else. If your solution affects a bunch of heroes, including ones in a much worse situation than Kassadin, it breaks more than it works. It's bad
I don't get the point of being so disrespectful over an idea. Yes it was an idea, and yes on further consideration it might not work. No, that doesn't mean I make bad ideas and there are hella better ways you could've phrased that.

And where the hell do people get that "silence is the least enjoyable CC"? Every single CC with the exception of slow and possibly snare are worse and more negatively impacting since they, you know, silence PLUS a bunch of other negative effects. Which would you rather take: a silence and walk away, or a stun and having to sit there through Tons of Damage?