Olaf-Nerfed Too Hard.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genotoxic

02-08-2013

Last patch Olaf got hit with a pretty big slap to the face and his win loss has dropped by a solid 7-8% and his percent of picks has dropped by about 9-10% so if we look at what happened last patch

Olaf:
Undertow:
-Slow now fades over the duration
Vicious Strikes:
-Cooldown increased to 16 seconds from 12
Ragnarok:
-No longer passively grants bonus armor penetration
-Now only grants bonus armor penetration while active

we see that he was hit by some big nerfs that took away his passive armor pen and a nerf to his slow that basically makes it a joke if you have tenacity and are at a range from olaf and just that day we see a huge drop in his win ratio and pick percentage http://www.lolking.net/champions/olaf#statistics the graphs here show you exactly what im talking about.

Now I agree with riot for nerfing him,he was strong but the way that they did it was not wise they could have reduced the numbers of his slow instead of making it usless at a range because the slow disappears before you can get to them. At rank 5 of his Q olaf slows for 40% by taking 5-10% off of that they could have kept his slow useful but not as op,have you tried to gank a laner as jungle olaf only to have them run away before you can close the gap because your slow is only really effective for the first second,well I think that there could have been a better way to nerf his slow which is such a big part of his kit because its the only way he can close the gap unless he uses ghost to chase people but that cant happen too often either.

So now for the ult nerfs,Riot took off the free 30 armor pen that he got from his ult and moved it to only when his ult is active,well too bad you only get the armor pen for 6 seconds now and you can only take advantage of it once every 100 seconds once again riot could have tuned down the numbers on this spell by maybe 5 or something to actually have it still be effective with out making it useless, the armor pen was a big part of olaf, his true damage and high armor pen made him an effective anti-tank kind of like Darius, now though olaf can only do this role when his ult is up and by the numbers its not up too often.Other then that I think the nerfs on his w made sense,I hope they take a look at olaf and adjust his numbers more correctly so that I can use one of my all time favorite champions and not get out played by other champs because mine is weak compared to theirs

Leave a comment about your thoughts on the nerfs and Olaf's current state.

Space Gandhi

02-08-2013

no he really didn't.

AP champs still didn't get the buff they deserve however.

Genotoxic

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly Man Manson View Post
no he really didn't.

AP champs still didn't get the buff they deserve however.
I agree other champs could use buffs too, but a 39-40% win loss is not where champions should be standing.

Space Gandhi

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetInMyBackPack View Post
I agree other champs could use buffs too, but a 39-40% win loss is not where champions should be standing.
... you are complaining at 40% win rate? you know that's really really high right?

even in baseball, if you can hit the ball 40% of the time, you are going to be in hall of fame for the best hitter of all time.

Frankiee

02-08-2013

Agreed.

JarlaxelBaenre

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manly Man Manson View Post
... you are complaining at 40% win rate? you know that's really really high right?

even in baseball, if you can hit the ball 40% of the time, you are going to be in hall of fame for the best hitter of all time.
What... A... Moron...