Title

Mechanics 17 44.74%
Strategy 21 55.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

What do you thinks easier to carry with, mechanics or strategy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man

02-08-2013

Infusan

02-08-2013

Both.

o Invis o

02-08-2013

Mechanics. Some Diamond /Challenger players got there by playing one champion almost exclusively

KDjinn

02-08-2013

Strategy. Mechanics will win your lane, strategy will win the game

Recently

02-08-2013

Strategy implies some sort of coordination and teamwork, which is somewhat luck based in solo queue.

Mechanics is something you always are in control of, since it comes down to just you.

So.... mechanics.

Vozan

02-08-2013

to "CARRY" with?

Well, strategy implies your team is participating in your line of thoughts. If your team listens to you, you have a good team, and it's no longer considered "Carrying" in my opinion.

So I feel the only answer for "carrying" is mechanics.

Sir Grendel

02-08-2013

Obviously need both but in solo q mechanics separate the elo's. I really wish I could see what plat players cs at 15 minute mark as opposed to bronze players. would be really interesting to see the difference.

Then again a good strategy and team comp can absolutely crush a disorganized and poorly put together team.

KDjinn

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vozan View Post
to "CARRY" with?

Well, strategy implies your team is participating in your line of thoughts. If your team listens to you, you have a good team, and it's no longer considered "Carrying" in my opinion.

So I feel the only answer for "carrying" is mechanics.
What if you have excellent mechanics but you always attack the wrong enemy champion in a teamfight? Or you wander around attacking creeps while your team is being attacked? Or you consistently underestimate/overestimte your opponents and make the wrong decisions? I feel like you wouldn't be able to carry very well at all. Even if you can get good cs and hit the right buttons and whatnot

Cloud Potato

02-08-2013

If you win with strategy that means you coordinated with your team to take out the most important targets together. If you win with mechanics your champion is overpowered or snowballs extremely hard. You really need both but strategy is much more important because you are but one person in a team of 5. Or 4, if you're unlucky.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDjinn View Post
Strategy. Mechanics will win your lane, strategy will win the game
this, basically, assuming the team is willing to listen to the strategy person.

a team with superior strategy will always outposition and outthink the opponents who are mechanically superior.

now, individually mechanics are important assuming you are top, mid, or adc. as jungle or support mechanics mean virtually nothing. i still think the global macro game is a lot that players seem to misunderstand which is what tends to hold people back. i mean how many "win lane, lose game" people do you see because their tactics are dreadful? you rarely see a tactically strong player lose games (of course this assumes that the team follows the tactically strong player which doesn't always happen).

but if you follow the mechanically strong/tactically weak player late game you'll lose a lot of fights.