Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League Point Bug (?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triple Box

02-08-2013

Hi, I was just casually playing a ranked game and happened to win it.

But something very unusual to me happend: while I've been regularly receiving ~20 LP per win, for some particular reason I gained 1 LP for the game.

So I wondered if it had something to do with the matchmaking perhaps making a one-sided match up.

However, their top pick was in Diamond V and his teammates were of close tier/division.
This seemed reasonable since I am currently in Plat I.

I don't really understand why I only gained +1 LP for a 25+ minute game which I worked hard to win. Can someone explain to me why this occured? I would at least like to know why.

Also, if there is a specific way to contact someone who takes care of these stuff, let me know.

Thank you.

TL;DR I only got +1 LP for a win, while I've been regularly getting ~20 LP per win.

Triple Box

02-08-2013

Bump

02-08-2013

It was probably one of the games you need to play to advance divisions. That or the system decided that based on your hidden elo you are currently where you are supposed to be.

Triple Box

02-08-2013

I had 20 LP before starting the game which I had gained from one win.

Now I am sitting with 21 LP. If it were a gradual change into a lower LP gain then I would understand that I was getting closer to my true elo.

However, I don't think that it's reasonable to go from +20 LP to +1 LP so suddenly.

Triple Box

02-08-2013

Just won another game and gained +21 LP for it.

Why did I gain +21 LP again after that random +1 LP?