Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ahri - in a good spot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riftic

02-10-2013

Quote:
Arai Kitsune:
The point I'm trying to get at here, is Ahri jumping three times is generally at most as effective as two uses of a blink or blinkstrike on a non-ultimate. In fact, in the case of Elise, her normal skill is better than two of Ahri's jumps for range. Even with many of those champions having target based blinkstrikes, you are overvaluing her ultimate, and using that alone to say that she was overpowered then and fine now.

I'm not sure why people always refer to her Ult as amazing mobility. It's good, sure, but it's the only good thing about Ahri. Other champions have more reliable and spam-able mobility skills in addition to kits that allow more flexibility and power.

CrownPuff

02-11-2013

Quote:
Arai Kitsune:
I played her on release, and she was not overpowered. It was a knee jerk reaction, as noted before in the thread people weren't used to it.

Also, I wouldn't even begin to compare her to TF if I were you. TF has far, far more damage than she does, as well as more utility. Literally the only thing keeping TF in check is having relatively short range.

Oh, and to reiterate, she was never well designed. Her passive, Q and W are literally copies from other champions, she was based around mobility but not given it, her only source of mobility has been nerfed and is both a significant source of her damage as well as her chasing tool and escaping tool, she gets one or the other. Her damage is poor and was never as high as other mids.

TF has more damage than Ahri? What are you smoking because I'd like some of that please. TF has one of the weakest bursts, he's OP cause of his easy CC+ult making for guaranteed ganks. If you are smart and get a kill in your lane as ahri (which is easy if you are 6 and land your stuff), their bot lane is done for. Just keep roaming bot and scoring kills.

FuzzySummoner

02-11-2013

Quote:
CrownPuff:
TF has more damage than Ahri? What are you smoking because I'd like some of that please. TF has one of the weakest bursts, he's OP cause of his easy CC+ult making for guaranteed ganks. If you are smart and get a kill in your lane as ahri (which is easy if you are 6 and land your stuff), their bot lane is done for. Just keep roaming bot and scoring kills.

Tf is one of the hardest champs to roam against. First of all his mana sustain lets him stay mid and push the lane with his card throws. Second his ult makes it hard to gank since he can even out the fight. Also in many cases, even if you are winning the lane, tf will just not bother with the lane because he will be roaming instead. A lot of the times, he will push the lane quickly and ult to another lane for a gank so you are forced to follow him around hoping your teammates will live until you get there. Tf's burst doesn't matter when his ganks are even better.

Also have you ever tried running away from akali with ahris ult. I think ahris ult shoulf be charge based like akali then she would actually be a mobility champ instead of being a mobility champ for a couple second and then a regular mage for the next 80second. It just feels like a waste when i have to use ult when i only need one jump.

CrownPuff

02-11-2013

Quote:
FuzzySummoner:
Tf is one of the hardest champs to roam against. First of all his mana sustain lets him stay mid and push the lane with his card throws. Second his ult makes it hard to gank since he can even out the fight. Also in many cases, even if you are winning the lane, tf will just not bother with the lane because he will be roaming instead. A lot of the times, he will push the lane quickly and ult to another lane for a gank so you are forced to follow him around hoping your teammates will live until you get there. Tf's burst doesn't matter when his ganks are even better.

Also have you ever tried running away from akali with ahris ult. I think ahris ult shoulf be charge based like akali then she would actually be a mobility champ instead of being a mobility champ for a couple second and then a regular mage for the next 80second. It just feels like a waste when i have to use ult when i only need one jump.

I'm not saying that TF's roam is weaker than Ahri because obviously TF has the best roam for a mid laner. But Ahri has great roam compared to the other apcs. The way to beat TF is just to have your jungler gank whenever he is pushing as he's the squishiest mage alive.

Riftic

02-11-2013

Quote:
CrownPuff:
I'm not saying that TF's roam is weaker than Ahri because obviously TF has the best roam for a mid laner. But Ahri has great roam compared to the other apcs. The way to beat TF is just to have your jungler gank whenever he is pushing as he's the squishiest mage alive.

Twisted Fate brings more to a game than Ahri does.