Ahri - in a good spot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticC View Post
But Ezreal still doesn't feel viable, considering he's super squishy and doesn't have awesome damage like before. That's why I've been looking at other AP champs. Seeing more champs with gapclosers hurt as well.
if you want the Ezreal feel, Lux may not be a bad choice. She's pretty much my main, she has a good amount of utility, and similar to Ezreal is encouraged to build glass cannon, so her damage can actually get pretty good. They both have long range skillshots as their main focus too.

She even has the benefit of being an interesting support, if you can get some mana on her, lucent singularity provides vision, good poke, and a slow, light binding can set up kills or escapes easily, prismatic barrier can save lives and is even handy when tower diving, and you can start with some support stuff, and then build straight AP and act as a back up to your mid.

She's pretty much a long range AP Assassin.

OptimisticC

02-08-2013

I just hope Riot handles AP Ezreal fixes well, or I'll be dropping him for real. :/

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticC View Post
I just hope Riot handles AP Ezreal fixes well, or I'll be dropping him for real. :/
As I said, I hope they actually do what they say they're going to do this time. Though, I'll also say this, if Riot is scaring you off Ezreal, Ahri might not be a good idea. I've gotten the impression they don't like her very much.

OptimisticC

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arai Kitsune View Post
As I said, I hope they actually do what they say they're going to do this time. Though, I'll also say this, if Riot is scaring you off Ezreal, Ahri might not be a good idea. I've gotten the impression they don't like her very much.
Then I'll give Lux a spin - her psycho face in the default splash art is pretty scary though. e_e

Riftic

02-08-2013

Quote:
I've also gotten this impression. It's a bit frustrating since I've been pointing out that she has some issues for quite a while now and their dismissive attitude towards it isn't a very encouraging thing.

Arai Kitsune

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riftic View Post
I've also gotten this impression. It's a bit frustrating since I've been pointing out that she has some issues for quite a while now and their dismissive attitude towards it isn't a very encouraging thing.
To be honest, it doesn't help that they took a concept with a lot more potential, and added mostly filler. Her passive is a worse version of Morgana's, her Q is Sivir's but with some true damage on the return, her W is pretty similar to Heimer's rockets(and while it has a nice animation and effect, it isn't actually fun or interactive to use despite being most of her damage). Her E and R are at least unique, but for a "mobility based champion" she only gets like three seconds to shine and then moves slowly the rest of the time.

As someone who had a similarly themed champion suggestion since closed beta, and someone who likes mobile mages and interactive abilities, she was a crushing disappointment. Being nerfed immediately after release due to her mobility, and then ignored since hasn't helped that feeling.

As for Lux, I think she's meant to be a little off. If you read her lore, it sounds like they broke her. Which may explain the laugh. It's easy to get past it though if you like Touhou, her Final Spark and ability to steal spells(in the lore, at least) is based off of Marisa Kirisame.

Riftic

02-08-2013

Quote:
To be honest, it doesn't help that they took a concept with a lot more potential, and added mostly filler. Her passive is a worse version of Morgana's, her Q is Sivir's but with some true damage on the return, her W is pretty similar to Heimer's rockets(and while it has a nice animation and effect, it isn't actually fun or interactive to use despite being most of her damage). Her E and R are at least unique, but for a "mobility based champion" she only gets like three seconds to shine and then moves slowly the rest of the time.

As someone who had a similarly themed champion suggestion since closed beta, and someone who likes mobile mages and interactive abilities, she was a crushing disappointment. Being nerfed immediately after release due to her mobility, and then ignored since hasn't helped that feeling.
I don't really mind the unoriginal abilities. I still find her really fun to play. What I do mind is her very all-or-nothing nature with her ult in regards to mobility - like you said - and her current uselessness against health. Her ratios just don't scale enough to let her do anything meaningful against any kind of defense.

Picking Ahri right now is just not a good idea, and that is what I have the biggest problem with. I want her to be good, I want to her to be useful, especially in this current meta. Right now, she offers nothing.

I think some of the old nerfs just went too far, or perhaps it's time to increase her ratios, or something.

Caítlyn

02-08-2013

She is extremely weak

Winderz

02-08-2013

only good spot ahri has is her G spot.

but if shes buffed, she'll be op, so i guess shes fine

Kakyoin Noriaki

02-08-2013

imo Cassiopeia outclasses Ahri in just about every aspect, Ryze too due to their constant dps style of spell-slinging. With Liandry's being changed to do less up-front damage and more dot % damage on the PBE, it seems like Riot wants a health-centric meta, which ruins more bursty casters like Ahri. Ahri never really was that bursty anyway, more like a mobility mage.