Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot/Forums: How would you feel about lore-based tournaments?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flana Scarlet

02-08-2013

Hey everybody!

Saw Riot uploaded the VoD from the Ionia vs. Noxus showmatch from forever ago and I thought to myself, why has this not happened again?

So here's my thoughts, why not have player hosted fights with a grounding in lore? Now, I will say now that there won't be anything as big as the Ionia vs. Noxus match. I don't work for Riot, and I don't think it's my (or the player's) place to boot the setting around without their approval. However, there are lots of reasons for city-states to fight in the league. Resources, minor border disputes, trade, the list goes on and on for reasons that champions would step into the fields of justice.

So here's my suggestion:

Lore Based Showmatch

Single Elimination
Restricted Champion Pool (I'll post a list of available champions about a week or so before the match is scheduled to go down)
$50 RP prize for the winning team ($10 card code for each player on the winning team)
Post-Match Write up and lore-related writing

Maybe I could find someone to cast the thing as well (Janook, you can practice here! :P), so what do you guys think? Would you watch a show match like this? Would you be interested in playing for your favorite city-state or the prize for a single game? Let me know!

If this gets enough traction, there could even be tournaments, fights between the city-states for Summoner assistance or rare artifacts. Which state will win?

Grimm Dreogan

02-10-2013

No idea how no one else has replied yet, but I like this idea. I dislike that Noxus vs. Ionia or anything like it has not occurred in so long.

Shandora

02-10-2013

Last summer there was a League of Legends Tournament Cup which City-states (with their respective champions) were bracketed against each other on the Eu-North East and I think Eu-W too. I participated (Ionia ftw <3) and it seemed like a great deal of fun, people being in-character and all. If we could expand this, it would make for a good community event.