Help with Camera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yoshiman77

02-07-2013

Hey y'all,

So I am not new to LoL so I have had my fair share of experience, But as I have recently just started being serious about playing ranked. I have noticed that I have a hard time playing purple bottom/mid. Due to the fact that I have always played with a fixed camera... and every time I play without it, I have a hard time keeping track of everything that's going on.

So I would love it if anyone has any tips on how to cope with the change from fixed to free-moving. Or if there is anyone out there that plays with a fixed camera that has discovered a way to make it easier to see everything... Hopefully without making the HUD smaller!

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks All

Cenerae

02-07-2013

Just think of it like you're playing any kind of RTS game, where you have to move the camera around yourself anyway. It shouldn't take too long to get used to doing that, and if you press space bar it snaps to your champion immediately - so you can use that if you lose track.

yoshiman77

02-08-2013

Sweet! Thanks, I will definitely try that!!

a1sock

02-08-2013

I learned with gradual steps
1. play locked and drag your camera around with the minimap, making it easier to check on different lanes or fights.
2. play unlocked, but lower the sensitivity a fair bit so you do not go scrolling all over the place. Feel free to hold space 90% of the time, but try to move your camera around at time where action is less likely.
3. Start using the space key less and less, see if you can do a game without holding space for more than a second.
4. slowly up the sensitivity so you can move the camera easily, enjoy playing purple side without long range poke enemies screwing you over.

Ajna

02-08-2013

A1 is correct on lowering the scroll speed IMO.. space takes you to your champ immediately...and also, the "F" keys will jump the camera to your teammates. I usually just click the mini map though.

MyLittleAshie

02-08-2013

This drove me nuts too for a while. Eventually I learned to become comfortable having the *action* in the center of the game window, not my champ. Watching the minimap with equal attention helped lessen my paranoia. As others have said, spacebar's your friend!

DashOfLoyalty

02-08-2013

As Ashie said, having the camera covering the fight is your best option. Imagine in a movie the camera view has one group on one side, the other on the other side, do that with your camera in a fight.

And yes, space bar is your friend, especially when running away.

yoshiman77

02-08-2013

Thank you everyone for your tips!

I now have a date with my spacebar!