Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atik L Yar

02-08-2013

Personnally, as a support player, I prefer playing Alistar in top lane as a pusher/bruiser, rather than a bottom lane support.

He has a nice initiation, some good sustain with his heal, his knockup, and he is dangerous to go full-on melee with because of his passive. His ultimate is also nice for a retreat, or as a DPS boost in fights.

For me, I'm always a much better Alistar once late game comes and team fights start happening. I try not to rush in at the start, and instead charge when they're not expecting it. Knock someone way back, Q, and heal my teammates. It's not absurdly powerful by any means, but it can still be a game changer.

I wouldn't say he's ban worthy by any means, except as a troll ban of some sort. But he's not exactly a worthless champion.

DBS Poppa

02-08-2013

"Ali has a rather negligible heal, and a knock up+displacement. In lane that's alright. Silence him, and boom, no initiation"

Are you fkin kidding me dude... you could say that about any initiator

PoisonedPeace

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBS Poppa View Post
"Ali has a rather negligible heal, and a knock up+displacement. In lane that's alright. Silence him, and boom, no initiation"

Are you fkin kidding me dude... you could say that about any initiator
His combo requires all of his at close range. He has to break away from his own team to do anything. Other supports like leona, can initiate from far enough away where they do need to worry about it.

Ali doesnt get played in tournaments anymore either.

Atik L Yar

02-08-2013

That still by no means makes him a bad champion. He's still good, there are just better options currently.

PrincePapa

02-08-2013

Guys, you all seem to have it wrong. Alistar isn't banned because of his support potential, but because he was extremely strong as a jungler in season 2. His ganks are almost certified Flash/Kill. If he came in behind you or even from the sides at full speed, chances are you were gonna die.

BUT he's a waste of a ban with the new jungle, he's much too slow in the jungle to actually make it.

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
I would say just as much as shen. In Bronze at least lol

That's ridiculous. Nobody jungles him anymore, and he's only tanky for 7seconds at a time.

Even Shen isn't OP, just annoying.

Allegorea

02-08-2013

I hate when my teammates try to take an "OP" champ just because it wasn't banned. If no one bans someone who is typically banned, like Alistar, it's like "OMG guys get ali or gg!"

Last night someone on the other team did this and I could tell because he was a really, really bad Alistar (kept knocking me away from Vayne when she was going for the kill and such.)

Ahh, ELO hell.

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegorea View Post
I hate when my teammates try to take an "OP" champ just because it wasn't banned. If no one bans someone who is typically banned, like Alistar, it's like "OMG guys get ali or gg!"

Last night someone on the other team did this and I could tell because he was a really, really bad Alistar (kept knocking me away from Vayne when she was going for the kill and such.)

Ahh, ELO hell.

This used to happen with Kassadin, and this was before Kass got BUFFED!

Soooo many lost games due to "Haha I got Kass gg we win i'll carry"

Skumbag Ryan

02-08-2013

Taric is much better in lane than Ali. Leona has better CC. There.