Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoisonedPeace

02-07-2013

Why does everyone in low tiers and divisions think alistar is the best support in the game?

The people are so bullheaded I have to link to ali stats to show them. Then they tell me, its just because noobs play him...

Why waste a ban on alistar?

angryWelchMan

02-08-2013

Because for much of season 2 and some of season 1 ali was op but he's been nerfed all little under par at my brozen 2 lvl i only see him banned 1/2 the time during the preseason and really not at all since the start of season 2. some people still just do it out of habit ban blitz and ali first

Metricos

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
Why does everyone in low tiers and divisions think alistar is the best support in the game?

The people are so bullheaded I have to link to ali stats to show them. Then they tell me, its just because noobs play him...

Why waste a ban on alistar?

workthecorners

02-08-2013

I do agree that hes not the greatest support in the game. But once late game is around I "as a carry" would not trade him for any other tank in the game.

He can knock people away
he can knock people up
he can heal
he is tanky

and has probably the best initiation in the game

With basic abilities he can dash in and knock everyone up just like j4 or malphs ult

BUT

he can knock their TANK away then knock everyone else up

you havnt seen anything untill you have seen a good alistar initiation

BUT

he does not deserve a ban as he can be shut down by any type of poke lane unless his jungler is ganking constantly so he can use his cc to get kills

PoisonedPeace

02-08-2013

The point is, his win rate is below 45%. He is one of the lowest win rate champs. There are better champs with better cc.

Leona, better initiate and potential to stun multiple people.
If you are looking to protect a squishy carry, Lulu is where its at. Her ulti makes it impossible to dive one person in a teamfight.

Zyra is also a good teamfight support.

Ali has a rather negligible heal, and a knock up+displacement. In lane that's alright. Silence him, and boom, no initiation. Even when he does initiate, no team of semi competent players is to allow him to knock up 4 or even 3.

I just don't understand why everybody is stuck on Alistar. Over the last month his win rate is 43%. How is that worth banning in any sense.

adc

02-08-2013

Quote:
The point is, his win rate is below 45%. He is one of the lowest win rate champs. There are better champs with better cc.

Leona, better initiate and potential to stun multiple people.
If you are looking to protect a squishy carry, Lulu is where its at. Her ulti makes it impossible to dive one person in a teamfight.

Zyra is also a good teamfight support.

Ali has a rather negligible heal, and a knock up+displacement. In lane that's alright.

I just don't understand why everybody is stuck on Alistar. Over the last month his win rate is 43%. How is that worth banning in any sense.
Remember, though - he's ALWAYS banned. So nobody who plays him is good with him.

PoisonedPeace

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Remember, though - he's ALWAYS banned. So nobody who plays him is good with him.
Im not sure if you're being sarcastic.
Assuming you arent, why would people play him in ranked without getting a good feel for him in normals lol.

adc

02-08-2013

Quote:
Im not sure if you're being sarcastic.
Assuming you arent, why would people play him in ranked without getting a good feel for him in normals lol.
Because he's always banned. You can't play him in normals (nobody plays blind pick to get ready for ranked) because he's banned far too often. Also, they assume that, because he's banned all the time, he's wtfomfgopbroken and really easy to play.

ROKAF JE

02-08-2013

Alistar is banned... ? Really?

PoisonedPeace

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
Alistar is banned... ? Really?
I would say just as much as shen. In Bronze at least lol