Scraping my way through bronze league when...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Salty Santa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

I finally make it to my promotion match. First match we lost fair and square. 2nd match we dominated and won.

3rd match we get an AFKer, drag the match out to 60 minutes, have their entire base defeated and lose the last teamfight. The other team agreed we would have won with the 5th man.

How is this in any way indicative of my skill level?

Salty Santa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

someone hold me, 30 points for that....this new system is so dumb

PoisonedPeace

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfSanta View Post
I finally make it to my promotion match. First match we lost fair and square. 2nd match we dominated and won.

3rd match we get an AFKer, drag the match out to 60 minutes, have their entire base defeated and lose the last teamfight. The other team agreed we would have won with the 5th man.

How is this in any way indicative of my skill level?
You lost, did you not?

Riot can't say that you would have won. What if your fifth died 18 times and got 1 kill.

Plus....if you win that, then you clearly have proven, as far as Riot is concerned, that you are worthy of moving up. If you lose it, you haven't proven you are worthy of anything.

People hate ranked because nothing is ever handed to them. You have to earn it. You didnt. Win one more game and get another promo series. Took me 6 to get out of bronze 5 lol

Salty Santa

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
You lost, did you not?

Riot can't say that you would have won. What if your fifth died 18 times and got 1 kill.

Plus....if you win that, then you clearly have proven, as far as Riot is concerned, that you are worthy of moving up. If you lose it, you haven't proven you are worthy of anything.

People hate ranked because nothing is ever handed to them. You have to earn it. You didnt. Win one more game and get another promo series. Took me 6 to get out of bronze 5 lol
I'm more upset that an AFKer ruined my division series (bronze 2 to 1). To lose for something entirely out of my control the match was handicapped from the get go

iLikeR3DStuff

02-08-2013

This whole system is a fluke! Once in Bronze always in Bronze. The players down in bronze are so bad its impossible to move up. Just lost a game as 11/2/5 Kha Zix because our Xin Zhao with 2 dorans blade thought he could 1v4 their team. Because of that loss I was demoted. Back and forth in different level Bronze makes me feel like I'm wasting hours of my life. I can't even begin to explain how it is possible for 60-70% of low LP matches to not have someone/some that are going to throw. I'm sick of reading "sorry for your team/player, because you should have won". Totally lost all hope for this game.

angryWelchMan

02-08-2013

Im bronze II right now and probably deserve to be here cuase ive played a total of like 25 ranked games in solo queue and i rarely have problems with afks or trolls. There are just a lot of players who are just arent as good at the game/ don't have the instincts and people like you who rage at them and because you are angry start to play worse and make your own mistakes instead of owning up to them.
Next time try to stay calm and give helpful advice when people make mistakes. Make sure you do your job and call all your afks and ping if nessecary
In two day of just playing a few ranked games a day I'm already about to tier up wihtout any probluem
and that's even main-ing support

Jameskiy

02-08-2013

Stop *****ing and play more games its not that ****ing difficult everyone gets trolls.

adc

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikeR3DStuff View Post
This whole system is a fluke! Once in Bronze always in Bronze. The players down in bronze are so bad its impossible to move up. Just lost a game as 11/2/5 Kha Zix because our Xin Zhao with 2 dorans blade thought he could 1v4 their team. Because of that loss I was demoted. Back and forth in different level Bronze makes me feel like I'm wasting hours of my life. I can't even begin to explain how it is possible for 60-70% of low LP matches to not have someone/some that are going to throw. I'm sick of reading "sorry for your team/player, because you should have won". Totally lost all hope for this game.
I'd be willing to bet that any competent player could easily carry your account out of Bronze.

To op:

It's frustrating, and one of the things I dislike about the new system, but you just have to keep playing. You'll get out eventually if you deserve to.

Salty Santa

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I'd be willing to bet that any competent player could easily carry your account out of Bronze.

To op:

It's frustrating, and one of the things I dislike about the new system, but you just have to keep playing. You'll get out eventually if you deserve to.
It's entirely possible to get out, its just really tough. It's so bull**** an afker completely wrecked my chance though

Luego

02-08-2013

If you consistently demonstrate to the system you shouldn't be there, your LP for wins will be higher, and losses will be lower. You'll get more chances at promotions.

If you lose a 4v5 game, it's confirmed that you lose less LP.

Yes, it sucks that you could win 51% of your games on the old system and slowly rise. On the new system, that same 51% could have WWW or LLL in the right or wrong place, and make a big difference in your division/league. But over time it is still supposed to level out.