Soraka Rework.

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eanruig

02-10-2013

There's a saying that goes both ways;
The best defense is a good offense
or
The best offense is a good defense, which is Soraka. I like playing defensively and with more sustain (and then using that defense/sustain to become aggressive and tough to deal with and stay alive). But with that said, Starcall can truly be killer in Teamfights. Anyone sticking around longer than 2 seconds starts getting MR reduction stacked heavy on their heads and they all start getting torn a new poophole full of magic You can still build Soraka a couple of ways, and play her very aggressively.

For some folks, the game isn't just about kills. That's why there's a new character variation like, what, every 3 days from RIOT. =)

Xarue

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eanruig View Post
or
The best offense is a good defense, which is Soraka. I like playing defensively and with more sustain (and then using that defense/sustain to become aggressive and tough to deal with and stay alive). But with that said, Starcall can truly be killer in Teamfights. Anyone sticking around longer than 2 seconds starts getting MR reduction stacked heavy on their heads and they all start getting torn a new poophole full of magic You can still build Soraka a couple of ways, and play her very aggressively.

For some folks, the game isn't just about kills. That's why there's a new character variation like, what, every 3 days from RIOT. =)
I agree with you and plus she good at chasing with starcall, I dont know why people dont use the poo out of it.

Eanruig

02-11-2013

I go to bed giggling about Starcall spam+Rylai's Crystal Scepter

DingoHedge

02-11-2013

"First off, we all know the Starchild is in desperate need of a rework"
Nice sweeping generalization there.
I disagree with you, btw, and find her to be one of the best supports i've every played with, having won most of them if they even halfway know what they're doing. I'll admit i'm only talking about the low elo i happen to play in, but then, yours isn't much higher :/

RadiantPyrophore

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effram View Post
RadiantPyrophore, I don't think you've ever seen a decent ap soraka. #1 is wrong, #2 you only spam it when you're going for a kill anyways, and it's a great last hit tool as well, #3 6-10 casts of starcall when you take the mr shred into account is enough to kill the mid lane and jungler because I get kills that way thanks to over aggression all the time.

There's no problem with her, she just isn't used properly.
I mained Soraka, as AP, for the better part of eternity. I did okay for myself too.

Tell me exactly when you last killed someone in less than five seconds by yourself as AP Soraka, then realize that Starcall is about 80-90% of her damage when built AP, then tell me 5 seconds isn't the larger part of eternity when playing against semi-competent opponents and we'll talk about #1.

#2: "You only spam it when going for the kill" "It's a great last-hit tool as well" You just put two things that are complete opposites in the same sentence like they belong together, good job, you almost see the truth. You're obviously wrong about either one or the other, and you agree that the cost is huge.

#3: You realize that with max CDR 6 casts of starcall are going to take a bare minimum of 9 seconds right? Anyone who hasn't already killed you or retreated under their turret in 9 seconds is totally incompetent, seeing as it's about as much time as you need to run from one turret to the other and back with level 1 boots. You get kills that way thanks to "over-aggression" AKA idiots, all the time. Good job, you beat idiots and no one else with starcall, and that makes it good. Nope.

RadiantPyrophore

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoHedge View Post
"First off, we all know the Starchild is in desperate need of a rework"
Nice sweeping generalization there.
I disagree with you, btw, and find her to be one of the best supports i've every played with, having won most of them if they even halfway know what they're doing. I'll admit i'm only talking about the low elo i happen to play in, but then, yours isn't much higher :/
I don't play ranked often, and last season, I made it to silver in under 8 games. :|

I only played 13 ranked games last season.

Alvan Yakatori

02-11-2013

Soraka is not the weakest support.

RadiantPyrophore

02-11-2013

Quote:
I go to bed giggling about Starcall spam+Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Yep, right up until every bruiser with a gap closer in the game closes to you after the 1.5 seconds your maxed out silence lasted and blows you up in <4 seconds through both your AB and ult with the greater slow they got from the trinity or mallet they built (hell even the phage) while stacking health/damage.

Next.

RadiantPyrophore

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvan Yakatori View Post
Soraka is not the weakest support.
I did say with the exception of Karma. Yes she is, there's no other weaker.

RadiantPyrophore

02-11-2013

Quote:
or

Her armor now last for 3 seconds, her burst heal is meh, (about 800 hp if they didn't ignite [they did ignite]), and her only CC is only a silence (read, only assassins give a ****) that lasts for only 2.5 seconds not counting tenacity, and even the assassins only give a **** if you can get it onto them before their work is done anyways (probably not without godlike reflexes or a bruiser/assassin like Irelia).

Basically, Soraka's defense sucks. She herself is squishy with bare minimum natural defense and no mobility, no movement-impairing CC, and no significant damage in under 10 seconds. She can't do squat if she doesn't stay alive for at least 10 seconds, which never happens in a team fight versus a skilled opponent given she's easy to kill and can't escape or stop you from killing her.

If I thought the game was only about kills, I wouldn't be a support main.

Playing Soraka aggressively versus anyone who isn't horribad past the laning phase is just asking to get assraped, you don't have the damage, you don't have the mobility, you don't have the CC, you don't have the range. The end.

1234567 ... 8