Soraka Rework.

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoresRaptor View Post
NO
And why not?

Effram

02-09-2013

Soraka is fine as is, the problem is too many people play her as full support. Starcall is the most potent offensive support spell in the game, and to not make use of that by maxing it first never made sense to me. In my opinion she should be a mid anyways; she's a lot more useful with a bunch of ability power, maxed cdr, and unbelievable kiting thanks to rylais. Not to mention wish healing everyone for 600-700

RadiantPyrophore

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effram View Post
Soraka is fine as is, the problem is too many people play her as full support. Starcall is the most potent offensive support spell in the game, and to not make use of that by maxing it first never made sense to me. In my opinion she should be a mid anyways; she's a lot more useful with a bunch of ability power, maxed cdr, and unbelievable kiting thanks to rylais. Not to mention wish healing everyone for 600-700
Several problems with starcall:

#1: It only does damage over glacially long periods of time.
#2: It pushes the lane like no tommorrow no matter what.
#3: As Soraka with non self-target infuse (doesn't restore any mana on other target either) starcall WILL run you totally out of mana in about 6-10 casts, which won't be remotely enough to kill any but the most n00b players in the game, and at the same time will push you all the way to the enemy turret with no mobility, no hard CC, and no prospects of surviving jungle Yi even, let alone a remotely decent jungler.

I have no problems with her in mid, she isn't even remotely as strong an antimage as the likes of Kassadin, Morgana, Talon, or Galio, however, Riot has pretty much decided that Soraka shouldn't be able to mid decently.

We already know that Soraka is easily the worst support in the game, barring Karma, so what is the problem?

Effram

02-10-2013

RadiantPyrophore, I don't think you've ever seen a decent ap soraka. #1 is wrong, #2 you only spam it when you're going for a kill anyways, and it's a great last hit tool as well, #3 6-10 casts of starcall when you take the mr shred into account is enough to kill the mid lane and jungler because I get kills that way thanks to over aggression all the time.

There's no problem with her, she just isn't used properly.

Ravenous Geese

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
so she is the weakest support but she's a pain to lane against? lol
I don't see how this is difficult to understand. She's boring to play against, even more boring to play with and god forbid you ever play as her.

In before Soraka fan downvotes.

Atik L Yar

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous Geese View Post
I don't see how this is difficult to understand. She's boring to play against, even more boring to play with and god forbid you ever play as her.

I think you're missing the fact that some people find her passive playstyle unique and fun.

reavemearone

02-10-2013

so idk if I read what your wrote wrong or what, but you basically want to make her into a support/range mage powerhouse?

Effram

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous Geese View Post

The champ isn't boring to play against, people just tend to play her very passively, which makes no sense. Try laning against a good aggressive Soraka and see how boring it is. You'll get frustrated at all the poke and constantly trying to keep out of the wide infuse/starcall range.

Xarue

02-10-2013

True that she is kinda weak and unable to defend her self but maybe a buff would do. Anyway this kinda sounds like what im trying to get from riot but in a faster way where it cuts to the chase of abilities why dont you give it a read, ide like to hear more of you thoughts. the thread is title suggestion riot, long read ppl, with drawing.

Xarue

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effram View Post
No she weaker now since the healing nerf so she forced to play support and not like the old days where she kicked ass. oh and shes better used as a babysitter for the assist.

123456 ... 8