Soraka Rework.

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

02-08-2013

First off, we all know the Starchild is in desperate need of a rework, being both the most boring to play and weakest support in the game at the same time with no prospects of things changing any time in the foreseeable future.

While taking into account Soraka's lore and her cursed nature, this is what I propose: Does Soraka truly want to rejoin the stars, or is she willing to pay the price for the opportunity to save her homeland (Ionia) at all costs?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Passive: Consecration/Blasphemy.
-Soraka passively increases Allies' magic resistance by 16 within a 1000 radius. When two or more of Soraka's abilities are on CD (Curse active), she gains the Blasphemy effect which decreases enemy MR by 10 for 4 seconds every 3 seconds, stacking up to 5 times in a 1000 radius. If Soraka has more than two abilities in Curse, she loses Consecration until she regains a balanced or positive Bless/Curse ability balance.

Q: Starcall/Meteor Storm. Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Mana (Starcall)| 10/15/20/25/30 Mana (Meteor Storm).
-Bless: Starcall: Soraka pulls down the light of the stars around all allies (herself included) within a 530 radius, shielding them for 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.25 AP), while starcall is on CD, Soraka can cast Meteor Storm. CD: 10 Seconds.
-Curse: Meteor Storm: Soraka calls a flaming comet down to smite her enemies, blasting a 250 radius circle at 475 range to center for 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.25 AP) magic damage after a .75 second delay. CD: 3 seconds (Only useable while Starcall is on CD/Cursed).

W: Astral Blessing/Abyssal Curse. Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 Mana (AB)| 15/20/25/30/35 Mana (AC).
-Bless: Astral Blessing: Soraka heals a target ally unit for 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.2 AP) within a 750 range, bolstering their armor by 20/35/50/65/80 for 5 seconds. CD: 10 Seconds.
-Curse: Abyssal Curse: Soraka hardens light into a slim sharpened spike and flings it 900 range with a 60 width (.5 second delay to max range), this light ignites the target on impact dealing 30/40/50/60/70 (+0.15 AP) magic damage over 2 seconds (Damage stacks with CD lower than 2 seconds and is not lost) and lowers the target's MR by 4/8/12/16/20 for 3 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. CD: 2 Seconds (Only useable while AB is on CD/Cursed).

E: Infuse/Extract. Cost: No Cost.
-Bless: Infuse: Soraka restores 30/60/90/120/150 Mana to a target allied champion (not on Soraka but can be put on CD by self-targeting for the Curse effect.) OR Silences a target enemy champion for 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/.2.5 seconds. Range: 725. CD: 10 Seconds.
-Curse: Extract: Soraka saps the nearest enemy's life force (prioritizes champions), slowing them by 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% and accelerating her own gait by the amount stolen for 3 seconds while damaging them for 25/50/75/100/125 (+0.30 AP) over 3 seconds. Soraka also restores 5/10/15/20/25 Mana to herself upon initiating Extraction or triple if upon a Champion. Range: 525(Tether start)-675(Tether break). CD: 4 Seconds (Only useable while Infuse is on CD/Cursed).

R: Wish/Need. Cost: 100/175/250 Mana. (Wish)| 3/6/10 Mana/Second. (Need)
-Blessing: Wish: Soraka heals all allies for 200/300/400 (+1.0 AP). Range: Infinite. CD: 180/150/120 Seconds.
-Curse: Need(Toggle): In her time of need, Soraka becomes increasingly desperate as her despair grows, increasing the AP ratio of all her offensive Curses by 0.015/0.03/0.045 AP per Cursed normal ability and 0.025/0.045/0.065 if Wish is Cursed. This additional scaling is only in effect while Soraka has Need toggled on, twisting her features as her hope for the future withers. CD: 3 Seconds (Only useable while Wish is on CD/Cursed).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I might need to change up the ratios a bit, but I feel that this would:

#1: Remove Soraka's passive laning affinity by giving her reasons to get in closer and more aggressively while giving her the tools to get away with it. It also makes her sustain weaker if she refuses to participate in the party.

#2: Make Soraka fun to play, with flashes, explosions and a bit of mobility to throw in, she would also have fairly decent offensive curses if she chooses to blow the blessings/mana to get to them, with her Need active she can do some pretty decent dps if she's good with skill shots.

#3: Remove a lot of the pain of laning vs Soraka, via reduction of her sustain by adding in more shield to her kit to compensate for slightly reduced healing/armor (May need to adjust these ratios a bit) and giving her the need to come out of the dark brush cave and into the sunny lane if she doesn't like going OOM in a hurry.

#4: Remove Soraka's unanswerable Infuse damage poke but giving it back to her if she's willing to get a bit closer and Extract the pain from your battered and bloodied (and seriously pissed off) body.

Please give me any constructive criticism you can think of.

RIOT! GET IN HERE AND REWORK OUR POOR ABUSED SORAKA INTO A FUN AND MORE AGGRESSIVE MAGE/SUPPORT!

I know you guys are out there somewhere....

Edit: If you decide to downvote me at least have the basic decency to tell me why.

Change #1: Added Need scaling at different ultimate ranks to keep DPSRaka from being too strong early on but still keep good SuppOrtRaka bases.

Change #2: Added scaling to the Cursed Wish component of Need to further change #1.

Change #3: Lowered base mana regain of Extract and added doubling on champion use to exemplify my less annoying safe sustain goal.

Change #4: Swapped CDs on Meteor Shower and Abyssal curse, Soraka's scaling is still exactly the same, but a bit more single target focused. I felt shooting 4 flaming spikes made more sense than dropping 4 asteroids, power wise, and it also gives DPSRaka a better reason to level it as her primary damage source, considering she has to farm almost like AP Ezreal if she maxes this early.

Change #5: Ouch, that swapped CD actually did drop her scaling to 3.45, not a big deal. The bigger things were that it increased her single target and longer ranged damage a bit while decreasing her AoE damage by the same amount. I also added another possible stack to her MR reduction from Abyssal Curse but reduced the stack duration.

Change #6: After rechecking Soraka's base mana pool at level 18, I felt that spending more than half of it in six seconds to kill one person was quite a bit too much, then I checked over her cost from Wish and noticed that it was almost 1/3 of her mana cost for that, so, after using Wish, she's basically spending 495 Mana every 6 seconds (this takes into account the 150 mana regained from Extract on champions), which is still just too high considering her base mana pool at level 18 of only 1320, She'd basically OOM herself in about 12 seconds Flat, even with Blue Buff, so I'm going to reduce her basic Curse ability costs by 5 mana each and Need to 3/6/10 so that her mana costs come a bit more under control at 725 for the initial cycle and 325 for each thereafter as long as Wish is still on CD. Obviously Soraka is going to want an Athene's Unholy Grail for the mana regen and CDR somewhere in her build, because the ~25 MP/5 she gets from spamming Extract just isn't going to cut it. CDR on Soraka will also Make her use of the Need toggle much more efficient, allowing her a full rotation in 6 seconds and 60 Need mana instead of 10 and 100.

Come on guys! give me more feedback, so far I'm just finding problems and making changes on my own!

Edit #2: If you don't like how it sounds at first, please still read it in full, it's a very deep and complex kit, I spent a lot of time designing it very carefully to be balanced and fun for everyone. If you still don't like it, please give me constructive criticism, I've spent this long thinking it up and tweaking it already, I'm fully prepared to spend a lot more time tweaking anything and everything about it.

Here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post34695505 is a very in depth explanation of what I am trying to accomplish for Soraka and her fans and current enemies with this concept, and why and how it works. I didn't post it on the front page for two reasons, one, that the subject didn't broach itself immediately, and two that it's pretty long, I didn't want to TL;DR everyone to death at the very beginning.

catraven

02-08-2013

so she is the weakest support but she's a pain to lane against? lol

RadiantPyrophore

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by catraven View Post
so she is the weakest support but she's a pain to lane against? lol
That's what kill lane K/D/A kiddies will tell you.

Hint: It's because she cannot afford to go offensive so she has to play defensive as possible, but that's when you pull out Lux/Caitlyn and poke the **** out of her, she just can't even begin to take that kind of abuse, let alone drag an ADC kicking and screaming through it, and it's not like she can do a whole lot to the enemy either anymore.

RadiantPyrophore

02-08-2013

Bumpness

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-08-2013

Soraka's defensive capabilities are wildly exaggerated.

A decent Taric or Lulu will keep your adc far safer than Soraka ever could.

RadiantPyrophore

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza Tvyl View Post
Soraka's defensive capabilities are wildly exaggerated.

A decent Taric or Lulu will keep your adc far safer than Soraka ever could.
I couldn't agree more, all she can really do in the first place is silence a single target for a couple of seconds and give her carry a bit of armor that is mostly worthless with season three, and this is assuming she doesn't get focused to hell first anyways, which usually happens since she is squishy as hell with no mobility, no hard CC, and no escapes.

Elf Elix

02-08-2013

You mean her heal is no longer the strongest in the game? No longer only one with a global heal? Counters some of the really annoying supports and having great harass, and providing utility to allow their adc to have good lane sustain? Oh man I've missed so much the 2hours I haven't played.

RadiantPyrophore

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pker5256 View Post
You mean her heal is no longer the strongest in the game? No longer only one with a global heal? Counters some of the really annoying supports and having great harass, and providing utility to allow their adc to have good lane sustain? Oh man I've missed so much the 2hours I haven't played.
Her "harass" is not only pathetically weak if you don't **** on your carries' life (low AB rank) but it puts you in range of pretty much every hard CC initiation ability in the game if she slips even a single step.

Her heal may be the largest single hit of HP, but it's on such a massive CD that Taric, Kayle, and Alistar heal more over time than she does, not to mention Sona who utterly ****s on her heal sustain over time capability. The only supports she beats in the healing category that can actually heal are Karma (generally considered a bad choice because she doesn't fit the meta and relies on baiting) and Janna (Only has a heal on her ult). You're an imbecile. Her heal also, as a basic ability, costs more mana than 75% of the ultimates in the game.

Her ultimate is on a long CD and is easily countered by ignite, not to mention the new Morellonomicon which is basically a big fat NOPE! to Soraka on anything with any sort of AoE damage. If it weren't for the vast array of healing reduction that is now easily attainable, her ult would actually be decent.... until you remember that MF is now in vogue, and pretty much hard counters Soraka. Yaaaay.

Her lane sustain, again, not only is easily outpoked (she can't heal nearly as fast as decent+ pokers can poke anymore) but it's so costly that with her removed mana sustain, even an average constant harass/trade regime will quickly drive her OOM and Out Of Lane.

I don't honestly believe for a second that you have played Soraka for a grand total of two hours in your life, and if you have, you are so bad that you deserve to feel so bad and should be ashamed of yourself.

RadiantPyrophore

02-09-2013

LeBump.

BoresRaptor

02-09-2013

NO

12345 ... 8