Vi's gap closer needs to be nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RainbowIcee

02-08-2013

she's one of those champions that doesn't really need to scale damage to get kills... however she does high enough damage to stop someone and while building tanky it leaves you no chance of escaping her.. with 2 gap closer that are pretty wide a slow and shield she should at least not have something... and it bothered me like no tomorrow she caught up with my nocturnes ulti doing her gap closer and ulti.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowIcee View Post
she's one of those champions that doesn't really need to scale damage to get kills... however she does high enough damage to stop someone and while building tanky it leaves you no chance of escaping her.. with 2 gap closer that are pretty wide a slow and shield she should at least not have something... and it bothered me like no tomorrow she caught up with my nocturnes ulti doing her gap closer and ulti.
her gapcloser is slow and clunky, her ult is a 1 shot deal. Nocturn can negate the damage and maybe even the CC can't he? Anyways, after that she's more or less burned out until she gets a chance to pop her W passive. She is a very fast runner, only yi and I think gangplank are faster runners. But all she does is relocates and tries to force you into a fight. As an assassin if you can't deal with this you just avoid her, its that simple. She has to engage you to use her passive or at least hit something.

Fighter champ fights you, fighter champ excells at winning in fights, fighter champ is often good at forcing fights. Her gap closer is effectively only good for closing a gap of about 440 against a runner of the same speed by the way.

N647

02-08-2013

I m ok with your idea Cereal, but I do htink she can build a bit too tanky for the damage output she has...

Kadajko

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by N647 View Post
I m ok with your idea Cereal, but I do htink she can build a bit too tanky for the damage output she has...
Were you absent from LoL for while or something?

All the bruisers are building tanky and doing tons of damage.
Most of the AP's are dead, ADC role is almost dead.
Everyone is running around with a BC and a Warmogs. It's not just Vi.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by N647 View Post
Like all the other 3 hit champs you need to be able to either kill her or disengage if you aren't playing a champ that can fight back against that. She doesnt do enough to nonsquishies if built too tanky, if she does a bruiser build she will be able to though. Dont confuse a bruiser build with a tanky build. Anyways, she is a fighter champ, fighters do best when they have some offense and some defense or an inbalance based off what best counters your team. The problem isn't that she's too tanky its just that she pulls way ahead goldwise against players that aren't keeping up with her CS and kills. Earlygame she gets a very slow start but midgame she can, at the expense of alot of mana, clear waves fast and get every single minion and she can jungle and she can still go engage you at half hp as long as its 1v1 and youre squishy due to her passive. Thing is though, there is nothing wrong with this, lots of champs do things like this except for that specific last part about beating the **** out of squishies just because they can. A huge mistake people often make is waiting to see if they can take her before they start to run. She has no efficient sticking power and has to exhaust her CC abilities just to catch you. She can't activate her passive till she hits something and cant afford to proc it on minions if she can't engage you. Her ults CC can be dodged by some champs and the damage can too in some cases.

Also by the way, her Q against an opponent running in the same exact direction as her with the same exact speed can close a gap of about 440 according to my calculations. As both champs get faster (perhaps from boots) this range drops or rises extremely slightly, I forget which. If you run away from her at an angle however it decreases your movement away from her giving her more time to get you into her range. So when you see her charging that don't necessarily run to your tower, she's a good diver anyways. If you can and are a bit far from her just run the opposite direction and be ready to flash if she does, one of her most broken abilities is the ability to flash without losing her Q charge which I kinda love doing to people xD. Anyways, if she's like right on top of you charging it, thats when you run at whatever angle you feel like. Remember, at the same speed it actually closes a gap of about 440 due to the effect of the slow. Its actual max range is about 725

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadajko View Post
Were you absent from LoL for while or something?

All the bruisers are building tanky and doing tons of damage.
Most of the AP's are dead, ADC role is almost dead.
Everyone is running around with a BC and a Warmogs. It's not just Vi.
bruisers have been doing that since forever. People have been swearing there is a no point to playing anything but bruisers since forever
APs don't care about black cleaver or warmogs, niether stops spellvamp and niether makes a big**** face beater much scarier. Mages will avoid bruisers even if they build 6 boots. Thats just how it works. And lategame warmogs still wont do much against a smartly built carry. The armor shred on cleaver doesnt mean much to any champ that doesnt rely on armor to survive to begin with.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowIcee View Post
Have you actually played Vi? I play her often and this is just... not true. You are pretty much required to get at least 2 offensive items if you really want to do any damage. Usually like BC and Maw, Lizard Elder and a later BC if you're jungling. She has high burst and little else, just like every caster. If she goes all in and doesn't explode you then she just lost because she's used her only escape mechanism already.

Awakezzz

02-08-2013

Vi is a hard initiate champion, once she closes with Vault Breaker and her Ulti, she has nothing. As long as you don't let her beat on you in melee range to let her passive go off, she shouldn't be a threat outside of her initiate.

Even better if you can dodge Vault Breaker and watch Vi cry.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWildRaticate View Post
Have you actually played Vi? I play her often and this is just... not true. You are pretty much required to get at least 2 offensive items if you really want to do any damage. Usually like BC and Maw, Lizard Elder and a later BC if you're jungling. She has high burst and little else, just like every caster. If she goes all in and doesn't explode you then she just lost because she's used her only escape mechanism already.
not entirely true, if your team has alot of CC and vi can tank alot of damage she will destroy you up until a point where she falls off without damage. It's not something I usually do though and it sucks to get caught in 1v1s and have to let it go cuz you dont have anything for sticking power or burst lol

Keitterman

02-08-2013

The op is just like most people who complain on these forums "I felt i should have won because i'm amazing and my champ is the best, but this champ beat me, so you should nerf it" Nothing new to see here.

Anyway...
I build vi with elder lizard, frozen mallet, and phantom dancer. Maybe I'm a newb, but it works, and is fun. She's kinda tanky from the giant's belt, ignores unit collision, moves pretty fast. I try not to open a fight with Q because
a) it puts me a pretty good distance from the team
b) i have no way out

her ult is cool, but considering the long animation, it leaves her veeeery vulnerable. If you initiate with Vi's ult, expect to take every CD the enemy team has, straight to the face.