Rules for Those Who Lack Basic Knowledge (If you;re under Plat IV, this is you).

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
So, people are dumb. It's too sad. Here are some BASIC rules that you should know. Don't ****ing ranked until you know these rules.

#1: DON'T chase the Singed.
#2: DON'T CHASE THE ****ING SINGED!

#3: NEVER Baron on a fresh Ace. The ONLY time to do it is when they were getting it, and you killed them all and he has almost no health so you finish it off. PUSH on an ace. If it's an ace when you caught two people off, and then killed the rest of them a bit later, then you can baron. If it's fresh, NO!
#4: Same exact thing for dragon.
#5: Listen to your fricken team. It doesn't matter how butthurt you are about some comment they made, listen to them if it's the right thing to do.
#6: Don't play butthurt. Too many people try to spite others because of how anally stubborn they are. So your mid ticked you off, so ****ing what? Don't take the blue because "you want to show him!" Don't lose the game on purpose just because you're a pouty butt.
#7: Middle gets blue. Jungle gets first blue, and all mana user mid lanes get the rest unless you get permission. If they're 0/10 and are going to die more, then maybe it's okay to take it. If it's the second blue and they're matched evenly with their lane, give them the ****ing blue so they win.
#8: Pick order > Call in ranked. It doesn't matter what the hell you think is better, or right, the Summoner's Code says Pick > Call. Some disagree with that choice, but it's the fricken rules, so deal with it.
#9: If you can't play 3 roles, don't queue for ranked. You don't have to be Jesus at the roles, as long as you know how to not die. If you're a "mid or feed" player, go off yourself. Have your preferences, and be as beastly as you can at 1 role, but be ABLE to play more than one role.

I'll be adding more to this list as they come up, but for now I'm tired and going to bed.
Nobody chases Singed. Singed chases you.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

I like these rules really but honestly I don't think if your Plat IV or lower you're considered lacking basic knowledge.

SLipJeT

02-08-2013

I dont know why people have such a problem with the whole pick>call "rule". My ranked stats literally reflect mostly support, in that i duo with my friend who is higher elo than me and riot loves to put the lower elo person in last pick. Honestly its not so bad and youll get the occasional game where you do get to play another role. I find it best to just suck it up and deal with the pick>call, in the interest of gaining elo or LP for both you and w.e possible trolls your team may possess.

Jesustim

02-08-2013

lots of nitpicking, i don't think people are grasping the basic concepts. the OP has put out the bare bones for good decision making, they're all subject to change depending on team comp, current progress in the game, and the enemy positioning.

The higher finesse plays you'll see once you're familiar with the game;

1) enemy jungler spotted top while yours is bot? free dragon.

2) know your damage capabilities; enemy ADC/smite out of position late game and too far from baron pit? rush it.

3) whether or not mid gets blue depends on 3 things -- how well the jungler's doing, how well the mid is doing, and what champion is mid. in general it is always a good idea to hand it off.

4) if you're a farming jungler or one who's not reliant on red buff for ganks, hand it off to the ADC to pressure bot lane.

5) learn these two important, CRUCIAL team fight mechanics. Peeling, and focusing. Peel for your carries, focus the enemy carries.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesustim View Post
lots of nitpicking, i don't think people are grasping the basic concepts. the OP has put out the bare bones for good decision making, they're all subject to change depending on team comp, current progress in the game, and the enemy positioning.
Someone gets it at least. Yes there are a few exceptions to all of these rules, but for the most part if you aren't platinum, these are what you need to make your decisions based off of. People in Challenger tier and Diamond like the pro players, they're pro, they can make certain odd decisions for their playstyles and still win. For people in Silver and Bronze, these are base fundamentals that need to be established until you can start getting a feel for the game, and not blame your teammates for every loss you have.

xSCx Jupiter

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
So, people are dumb. It's too sad. Here are some BASIC rules that you should know. Don't ****ing ranked until you know these rules.

#1: DON'T chase the Singed.
#2: DON'T CHASE THE ****ING SINGED!
#3: NEVER Baron on a fresh Ace. The ONLY time to do it is when they were getting it, and you killed them all and he has almost no health so you finish it off. PUSH on an ace. If it's an ace when you caught two people off, and then killed the rest of them a bit later, then you can baron. If it's fresh, NO!
#4: Same exact thing for dragon.
#5: Listen to your fricken team. It doesn't matter how butthurt you are about some comment they made, listen to them if it's the right thing to do.
#6: Don't play butthurt. Too many people try to spite others because of how anally stubborn they are. So your mid ticked you off, so ****ing what? Don't take the blue because "you want to show him!" Don't lose the game on purpose just because you're a pouty butt.
#7: Middle gets blue. Jungle gets first blue, and all mana user mid lanes get the rest unless you get permission. If they're 0/10 and are going to die more, then maybe it's okay to take it. If it's the second blue and they're matched evenly with their lane, give them the ****ing blue so they win.
#8: Pick order > Call in ranked. It doesn't matter what the hell you think is better, or right, the Summoner's Code says Pick > Call. Some disagree with that choice, but it's the fricken rules, so deal with it.
#9: If you can't play 3 roles, don't queue for ranked. You don't have to be Jesus at the roles, as long as you know how to not die. If you're a "mid or feed" player, go off yourself. Have your preferences, and be as beastly as you can at 1 role, but be ABLE to play more than one role.

I'll be adding more to this list as they come up, but for now I'm tired and going to bed.
Rules 1 and 2. Everyone needs to know these. You are my hero for this list. :P

CookinByTheBook

02-08-2013

#1 You aren't my mom.
#2 Where does it say that pick order>call?
#3 Communication both ingame and the pregame lobby is important!

Caius Cosades

02-08-2013

Personally, I respect calls just because people generally play best in the position they called. I play decently in all positions, being best at top and worst at mid. The real thing people simply need to remember is to relax and play the game. if you're just playing ticked off at your teammates, you're going to make poor decisions. Play your role, help people who need it, and make the game better for everyone.