Infrequent Firewall Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sG Ice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Dear Riot,

I have played League of Legends for about 2 years now, and have never been plagued with connectivity issues. I am currently a college student using university provided internet (just so you understand my lack of control over some aspects).

This college was where I started League and where I play it currently, but as of the last week something very odd has been occurring. A few times when attempting to play a game, I would get into champion select normally, select my champ and be on my way. However, once the in-game client popped up, it remained as a black screen for about 20-30 seconds before giving me a firewall "retry" or "cancel" error. My first instinct was to disable anti-virus etc. but it did nothing to help. (I would like to note I have been using the same laptop for about a year now with the same AV software). After my first failed attempts, i disabled everything default about my computer like Windows Defender and Firewall entirely.

Even on my completely vulnerable and unprotected computer, I still received the firewall error. I even ran a port check, and confirmed that my college uses ports that LoL works on.

To my knowledge there have been no drastic changes to my school internet, and 0 changes to my computer, yet this new firewall error RANDOMLY appears and then disappears on its own, with no changes inbetween.

Riot pls?

sG Ice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Pheonixian Lord

02-08-2013

^^^ whats all that for?? and i posted the same thing right before you did. and i have done the exact same as you. i even went as far as uninstalling my anti virus. and i have home network. never owned a firewall in my life. so its getting old and leaver buster probly doesnt like me right now... lol

sG Ice

02-09-2013

bump

sG Ice

02-12-2013

bump

sG Ice

02-13-2013

bump

Reuschel

02-13-2013

Same here except I cannot log in. University Internet is annoying..

Dagameison

02-13-2013

I've had the problem for well over 8 months now. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work :|

Gungadi

Recruiter

02-13-2013

It just happened to me out of no where mid game..

Arcane Neko

02-16-2013

Same thing. Worked fine for a while, then started doing this on every game. Tried everything from port forwarding to shutting off Anti-Viruses and firewalls.

Seriously, this is just stupid. I would be more understanding if you weren't reprimanded for this! Now I'm flagged for 'leaving' the game, when it's Riot's crappy coding doing this. I have yet to see someone from Riot actually give any advice, aside from linking to their Wiki without any explanation otherwise.