Tired of seeing "I'm not good at..." in ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackDahlia

02-08-2013

If someone isn't good at a role then your team should probably work around it. If you are forcing someone who barely plays that role into that role, it is your teams fault as well. Sure you should know how to do certain things and all but the rest of the team is being as stubborn as that player. He doesn't like top but no one wants to fill that slot so he can take a role he knows how to play. It's every one fault, not just his. I personally just fill what ever slot is needed so everyone can get a role they are at least okay with. Then the rest of the team decides to blame him, when in fact it is partly their fault for not working around it. You may be tired of seeing that, but I am tired of the little amount of team work put into this game. If you want the best chance at winning then let everyone play a role they are at least DECENT at. Don't force them into a role just because YOU YOURSELF DON'T LIKE IT. That's just being selfish like them.

a1sock

02-08-2013

as a guy who says fill in 90% of his matches(with friends we will discuss who takes what, or if I feel like playing someone) It makes me laugh when you get 3 or more people all calling the same role and then someone backing out... Its the same with arams, its random and people back when they dont like the champs or team they have...

I had a game a little while ago where a guy who called jungle and talked another guy out of taking the role... he picked lee and died while jungling to a camp, I ended up counter jungling and keeping track of objectives more than him.

I know some people want role queing, while others are highly opposed, but if their was some way to show on your banner your general skill in a certain role, it would make these disputes easier for the team to decide who gets what.

DeadFish

02-08-2013

I can play all roles but not good at jungle and support Im trying hard to improve my jungle but i just dont like it and dont enjoy it my best is Mid/Top lane

Elsabet

02-08-2013

Pros specialize. The more you diversify, the less opportunity you have to completely focus- immerse yourself in one specific position. Jumping around results in losing unconscious track of things like damage and survivability.
That said, I think people should try to focus on no more than 3 roles in their play. If they have a team, and that's all they play with, then they should play 1 role. For ranked solo/duo queue however, everyone should be able to do every role. And as said, if every person plays 4 roles comfortably, almost no one will ever get stuck. Here's how it should be done, btw.

Yourcatmolested

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
Pros specialize. The more you diversify, the less opportunity you have to completely focus- immerse yourself in one specific position. Jumping around results in losing unconscious track of things like damage and survivability.
That said, I think people should try to focus on no more than 3 roles in their play. If they have a team, and that's all they play with, then they should play 1 role. For ranked solo/duo queue however, everyone should be able to do every role. And as said, if every person plays 4 roles comfortably, almost no one will ever get stuck. Here's how it should be done, btw.
I disagree. I can perform to an acceptable level at all roles, but right now support and mid are probably my strongest. I try to mid more often than not, but if needed to fill, I have confidence in my abilities to do what I'm needed to.

I don't want to have to worry about someone saying "Oh well I'm (insert role)? Okay but I'm bad at it"

Jesustim

02-08-2013

nothing wrong with being bad at a role if you communicate and organize your team picks. a smart team mate will realize allowing a person to have a role they're at least decent at is much better for the overall performance and chance for a win than forcing them to play a sub par role while you keep your best. hypercarry mentality has probably won less games overall than proper team play and communication.