Tired of seeing "I'm not good at..." in ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatmolested

02-07-2013

I'm not a pro at all roles and lanes, but ****, if you're not at least able to play all roles to a somewhat decent level, don't play in ranked games.

Getting tired of seeing this -_-

CookinByTheBook

02-07-2013

---->Gets in game
---->ADC: Oh this is my first game as adc, i'm practicing with this brand new champion that i don't even have runes for.
---->So you're playing a ranked game, and have no idea what you're doing. You even have your mid ap runes, how precious. And i'm guessing normals to test that champion are out of the question.
---->Gets me so excited everytime. I'm all like "Yea I didn't even wanna get promoted anyway dude".
Dear Diary,
Today I met a man
A confused man
i'm confused
we were both confused
I think i'll eat a sandwich later
Cause i like sandwiches.

Yourcatmolested

02-07-2013

Like, you should at least have a basic idea of what you're doing on each role.

Mid is my strongest role, but when I don't get that, I don't mind doing the dirty work of supporting.

Tired of seeing "I'm not a good support so I'm not doing it."

Not that hard -_-

xXLe0Xx

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
Like, you should at least have a basic idea of what you're doing on each role.

Mid is my strongest role, but when I don't get that, I don't mind doing the dirty work of supporting.

Tired of seeing "I'm not a good support so I'm not doing it."

Not that hard -_-
No support doesn't seem that hard in theory.
It's one of those easy to learn difficult to master things.
Supports need to be aware of more things in the game and on the map than any other single person on the team.

angryWelchMan

02-07-2013

I disagree if everyone can play all but one role well (for me i can't mid well) the chances of you not being able to get a full comp is 1/625 that's .16%. So if 1 out of every 625 games i have to play mid and play super safe so as not to feed and for the large part be carried I don't think many people have a problem with that.

However if everyone can only do three roles the number jumps to just under 1/20 games so people should be really comfortable with three roles and know how to do a fourth pretty well

MATH assuming all players can play four roles
so the probability of the first player not being able to a role is 1/5
the probability of all players not being able to a single role is the probability of each of them multiplied together (1/5)^5
the probability of all players not being able to mid or top or support or adc or jungle is those individuality probabilities added together or 5*((1/5)^5)= 1/625= .0016
for fewer roles just change to 1 to the number of roles that cant be done for instance if everyone can do three roles 5*((2/5)^5)=.0512 or aproximitly 1/20

OraclelxZl

02-07-2013

every single ranked game i've played. adc is a first timer that feeds. elo hell. its wat it is zzz.

catraven

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookinByTheBook View Post
---->Gets in game
---->ADC: Oh this is my first game as adc, i'm practicing with this brand new champion that i don't even have runes for.
---->So you're playing a ranked game, and have no idea what you're doing. You even have your mid ap runes, how precious. And i'm guessing normals to test that champion are out of the question.
---->Gets me so excited everytime. I'm all like "Yea I didn't even wanna get promoted anyway dude".
X'-D

Mageinta Warrior

02-08-2013

Playing the meta is not a requirement for ranked (or at all, for that matter). Therefore, there is no reason one has to play all roles of the meta decently to play ranked.

OriginalJack

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OraclelxZl View Post
every single ranked game i've played. adc is a first timer that feeds. elo hell. its wat it is zzz.
This is why I've had to start requesting adc in champ select more often. I just can't stand watching a bad adc zone themsevles for no reason.

adc

02-08-2013

I'm not good at jungle or support. Would you rather I said nothing, and gave you my worst role, or said that my jungle and support are both far worse than my ADC/mid/top?

Yes, knowing how to do it at least halfway competently is something everyone should do, but still.