what is a karma?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MONSTER ZER0

02-07-2013

Can anybody remind me why she exists? I almost forgot what she looks like.

Aringhe

02-07-2013

Just play her for a few dozen games. You're sure to wreck with her eventually, even with you having no idea how to play her.

Flipsy

02-07-2013

She is the anti-Diana AP mid.

Zentenk

02-08-2013

Karma + aggressive melee partner = a lot of fun.

GlyphTsen

02-08-2013

Karma is an AP support, functioning in a similar position to how Zilean was commonly played for example in S1 and early S2. She has strong laning, and scales into a solid team-fight support, but has low late-game damage (compared to pure AP mids, it is still significant however). She is potentially good within a composition with an AP Top/Jungle and a "kill lane" (such as Blitz, Leona [especially Leona] and other initiation-based tank/supports).

Currently, that position line-up is not popular. Even with the rest of the composition as I mentioned before, many teams still prefer a solid AP Mage. Karma also has the additional problem of generally needing her allies to know what her abilities are capable of, to make full use of them since much of her offense and her healing is dependent on the position of her team.

(She could also use a few small buffs, but can still function effectively in mid or low ELO as is.)

jedidioh

02-08-2013

6 divisions of an ability that equates the same of a level 5 spell not to mention a champion with no real ult.

double underpoweredness if there is such a thing

Feefeekiller

02-08-2013

She is Xin Zhao's Love Buddy. I kid you not. Xin dashes in, Karma Mantra Shields, fan sprays, and when shield comes back up Mantra Shield again.

TheCeeJay

02-08-2013

She's fun to play. You don't see her often so sometimes I go against someone mid or even as a support and they don't know that as they harass me I get stronger until I ult shield and my ADC finishes them off. The problem people have with her is that she's a support that kind of needs CS. You can build her straight support, but her skills are most effective with high amounts of AP and CDR.

The other problem is sometimes I go bot with a friend and I end up ult shielding and boom, double kill. Sometimes even as playing her I forget how much damage she can do.

XilithTVyn

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidioh View Post
6 divisions of an ability that equates the same of a level 5 spell not to mention a champion with no real ult.

double underpoweredness if there is such a thing
I don't understand why people are so hung up on thinking that having 6 points in should make the spells better than 5 points. It's just because they hadn't thought of having the ult points affect other things, as we see in similar modern champs like Jayce / Elise.

I'm not saying Karma doesn't have issues, I just dislike this particular argument, because having 6/6 of your full power vs 5/5 is the same thing. A better argument would probably be the relative power before maxing it out, when you are at 3 / 6 and they are at 3 / 5. I hope when the finally redo her, they'll have 3 points in the ult like everyone else, and tie it to the secondary effects and mantra regen time, or grant CDR or somesuch, so that her normal abilities will have 5 points and people won't be confused.

'no real ult' is another one I have a problem with, as Jayce / Elise / Nidalee have 'no real ult.' The real issue is that the base spells are weak without Mantra, which defeats the system of having 6 normal spells to choose from by combining with mantra. They just aren't worth using most of the time without a mantra effect on them.

Voluug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipsy View Post
She is the anti-Diana AP mid.
As well as the anti-Eve mid (AoE, anti burst shield and last-hit melee deny) and maybe even the anti-Kat, but her harass is mana-less and unavoidable plus she can farm from afar...