[Champ][Tips]Vladimir Tips Please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jayj2161

02-05-2013

Okay. I know the whole deal with keeping your stacks up to 4 and I have only recently decided to play Vlad a lot. I have been thinking baout a few things and here I want to receive some feedback.

I have in mind this rune set-up with the quints being SV, blues being flat AP (don't have scaling), Yellows armor (should i go hp? I think so.) and MPen reds.

For runes I think I should grab 9/9/11 getting 3 SV and LS points in Utility (no mana stuff obv.); Maxing MR (mid vlad) and an armour point with Vet. Scars, and going down the AP tree (CDR, AP Scale and MPen).

For SS I have been thinking about heal and ignite with vlad.

My items are CDR items aiming to shorten his W severely with Spirit Visage (early lane weakness against bursters) and CDR boots. Other items I experiement with Liandry's, Warmogs (if need the HP), Rab, WoTA (must for the SV in my opinion), or other defense options with AP are Rylai's and Hourglass.

Feedback and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be greatly appreciated please.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

02-05-2013

I used to be a vlad main, so i know a bit. I'm not that high elo, and if you check my lolking right now, you will cry. Still, if it helps i'll gladly throw a couple of things here

Don't run heal on vlad. Although it seems fitting, endgame vlad has such a healthpool, it just won't work for him anymore. It might be usefull for baiting an early or midgame kill, but endgame i'm not sure it would work for him.

I'm assuming you're taking vlad top or mid, i love using ghost on him. Whenever you are in serious trouble, ghost combined with his pool is a get out of jail free card. Just don't use it too early. Vlad can take a couple of hits, and if you pop this combo too early, you're going to surface too soon and they will finish you off. Try to bait the biggest damage while already running away, and THEN pop ghost, and pool. Try to bait their gapclosers before pooling.
The reason i'm not using flash on vlad, is that if i''ve got to flash, chances are the enemy can flash too. However, ghost-pooled i can travel a greater distance, and even after resurfacing, if they can't finish me that instant, because i'm faster, i'll run away. Vlad is the ONLY ap champ i take ghost on, purely because the awesome interaction with pool.

Starting: boots 3 pots, and first item, hextech revolver. Unless there is something really weird going on, this is your start. When you have boots and the hextech, vlad becomes this incredible lane presence who can trade shots and win because he'll heal it back.

If you check out my lolking, i've got a special page for vlad on page 9. It's geared especially for lategame.

I'll give it a bit of explananation how and why i'm running this:
Red Magic Pen. Easy enough to understand. Without this the hurt is less.
Yellow %health. Vlad gets quite a bit of HP endgame. Let's make it a bit more. Even better, the HP gained through the runes works for his passive, which in turn gives him AP
Blue Flat CDR. Vlad needs cdr. Simple as that. Seeing i haven't played vlad in a long time, i might be tempted to swap them out for Magic Resist/lvl, but haven't really tested that.

Quints 1.5% movespeed. This gives me that little edge i need when running away or engaging. It might seem little, but in my experienceit's that little bit that decides if you can run away just in time or getting caught. This in combination with ghost, give him ridiculous speeds and being untargetable.

Quints 4% spellvamp. You know what is evil? Vlad healing back up when you hurt him. You know what's even more evil? If he does it faster and right from lvl1. As Lvl1 transfusion does 90 damage, that's nearly 4 health extra. It might not sound like much, but when that initial heal goes from 15 to 19, that's an improvement of nearly 25%. It makes sustaining that harsh early game a bit easier, and combined with a hextech revolver, makes him a sustain monster.

---

As for actual item, i haven't played vlad in S3 yet. So yeah... i'll just run it from the S2. Getting high AP in comparision to S2 is harder. AP numbers were lowered in general.

Generally, I've never built spirit visage on vlad, although i'm pretty sure there were a couple of lanes i could've won if i did. It's a good defensive item on vlad, and if you're having a hard time, this makes it easier on you, for sure. However, if it's purely against burst, it's important to learn their combo's and know how to break their combo's using the pool.

Example: Kassadin
His Q hurts, and is most probably the thing he levels first. Especially after lvl6 when he gets riftwalk, he becomes a pain in the ***. I'm not saying you can beat him 100% with this, but his combo usually consists of Q>R>E which leaves you silenced, and hurting. If he hit you with this combo, no use pooling anyway. However, if you pool BEFORE his Q as late as possible, chances are he's going to riftwalk RIGHT on top of you being pooled. I'll let you figure out the rest

Vlad's W is on a very high cooldown, but you shouldn't get CDR for the purpose having it back more often, is my oppinion.

Just from what i play, i'd get a hextech>WotA, liandri's, abyssal, sorc boots, rab and probably a rylais. If i'm being on the defensive i'd swap out the liandri's for a zonya's or something else... warmogs?

If i need cdr or i want to get an incredible lanepower, i always get the blue elixer. If possible i get it on my first trip back. Having a huge %cdr, and some decent ap, gives vlad a lot of laning power which he lacks before lvl9.

Well, i hope at least one of these ramblings will help you on your way ^^

jayj2161

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1510cc9b1e2028
I used to be a vlad main, so i know a bit. I'm not that high elo, and if you check my lolking right now, you will cry. Still, if it helps i'll gladly throw a couple of things here
Haha, I don't mind the stats I am just here to theorise. I appreciate the 'ramblings' you gave but a crucial aspect I wanted to know about were the masteries I proposed of 9/9/11 in sync with the SV quints.

And yes CDR does scale well with vlad and Spirit Visage is a really good defensive item imo on vlad against your bursters like LeBlanc, Veigar, Lux etc. And not to mention the BONUS 20% healing bonus applying to your q and w plus a bonus 20% to Heal as a SS. I was just theorising to see if an escape could outweigh a bait. Just something to think about.

I thought HP runes would be good for him but for the CDR blues, with masteries gives about 10% CDR at lvl 1 which seems awesome for your long CD on q but it is really only 1 second and I am still yet to get the HP or SV runes. So I kind of depend on Spirit Visage and its CDR a bit. What other items give CDR that would complement Vlad?

Back to the SS would there be some cases when heal would be better than say ghost? Imo heal is really risky. You depend on CDR (w) and if you are ignited your heal is gonna suck. So I guess ghost would be better especially with ignite being ample. Love how I answered myself haha

For starting items. I usually start with Amplifying Tome and a pot as I can usually 'intimidate' my opponent with my stronger q and hp pool. IMO I just really like Spirit Visage as a real good defensive item on vlad against AP. Zhonya's being the AD counter. WoTA and Rab are basically core with warmogs being an option as another defensive. And liandry's is an item to add some hurt to my poke style nature.

Speaking of liandrys. If I ult does the passive increase by 12%? Does ignite too? I can't remember.

Really no offence IS1510cc9b1e2028, I really do appreciate your input (and hopefully more) but I would like to hear from an S3 Vlad player hopefully :3.

Thanks again IS1510cc9b1e2028

RadiantPyrophore

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1510cc9b1e2028 View Post
Quints 4% spellvamp. You know what is evil? Vlad healing back up when you hurt him. You know what's even more evil? If he does it faster and right from lvl1. As Lvl1 transfusion does 90 damage, that's nearly 4 health extra. It might not sound like much, but when that initial heal goes from 15 to 19, that's an improvement of nearly 25%. It makes sustaining that harsh early game a bit easier, and combined with a hextech revolver, makes him a sustain molester.
Fixed. We all know it's what Vlad does, you don't need to hide it.

jayj2161

02-07-2013

Bump. Replies please

Lewpaka

02-07-2013

I used to play a lot of Vlad. I've found him pretty good S3 too now. The thing with him is that you have to be very conscious about where you stand relative to your laning opponent. I don't play him top because a lot of top laners have gap closers and good autos (like, Olaf will destroy Vlad). Mid I usually play him such that I poke early when my enemy has to worry about mana, but once they get blue buff or build enough, i start hanging back and just farming with autos and using Q and E in a retaliatory fasion (unless my early game put me crazy far ahead).

Never build pure health on Vlad, as it's a waste. Build AP-Health Items. Haunting Guise, Rylais, etc. all help. I usually try and make my first big item a zhonyas, as it helps so much with cooldowns and staying alive.

One thing to remember is that Vlad is better at doing a lot of damage to a group as opposed to bursting down one person. He has SOME burst, but nothing compared to Akali or Annie.

I usually end games and look at the graph and see that while I didn't have the most kills, I did the most damage by far.

Vlad's a late-game champ. Just don't feed in lane and farm up and you'll be a late-game powerhouse.

TheFriendlyUncle

02-07-2013

if it wasnt 7am i'dtotally post sumthing with my pc other than ipad

jayj2161

02-07-2013

Ok. AP outweighs pure HP. Anymore suggestions on items and stuff would be nice (I am in low elo don't forget).

One major thing I wanna know is about my masteries proposal. Either a 9/0/21 with SV , MS and giving vlad a 10% CDR . Does this 6% CDR , MS and bonus xp outweight the bonus 30hp and measly MR/ARM? (That setup being 9/10/11).

xerxeswolf

02-07-2013

Ive found it more useful to max w second this way I have it on a low cd and if u w into a minion wave at low hp you will get a great heal and if u are pushed to tower it allows you to farm way faster then spamming e. E does do pretty good damage lvl 1 since it stacks and is on low cd. Just do standered Q E and if they try anything funny punish them with w. Also I think flash is better for him. What I like to do is when ive forced and early flash ill flash in w and this causes people to freak and jump causing them to mess up, I learnes thia trick from a very good vlad player and its almost 100% effective ( unless the people u play against have no soul O.O ) but ya thats my imput on vlad take all ap stuff in masteries amd get ms in support tree the touch it up with different things in the defence
I also get magic pen marks, armor yellows, mr glyphs, and personaly I would get ms quints but I didnt have enough ip so I use 1 armor quint and 2 ap quints

Well I hope this will help u out bro and make sure to "let the rivers run red"

(>O,..,O)> mahahahaha

Ps. Start dorans ring i know its weird but trust me with the ap giving hp and the hp giving ap it will allow you to as much damage as a tome and make u tankier