Remove the "Promotion Series"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skilliard

02-08-2013

It's the most frustrating thing ever, and serves no purpose. The League system was added to make goals seem more reasonable and more accomplished, aka by splitting it up into tiers/divisions. The Promotion series concept does not improve this at all.

All the promotion series do is act as extremely stressful matches that encourage raging. By putting everything that matters into 3 or 5 games, it's basically asking for a toxic community. With elo progression was linear, with this you have all your efforts go to waste when you lose 2 games.

Just got out of a game where all 4 of my teammates were playing their first ranked game, each in a duo. I had a barrier/clarity support rammus who started with cloth armor and potions that just auto attacked the minions to push the lane, even though I politely asked him not to attack minions, he ignored me. We had a jungle nocturne without smite, who insisted he didn't need it to clear the jungle and that it is for noobs who can't clear. We also had an instalock 1/10 gragas mid who had 62 cs after 30 minutes.

If you can't remove the promotion series AT LEAST make it so you can't get matched with players playing their first ranked game while in a series, it's terrible.

VaderHater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

You need a fresh start. Your elo must be that bad prior to league series. I suggest a smurf.

Skilliard

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderHater View Post
You need a fresh start. Your elo must be that bad prior to league series. I suggest a smurf.
Yeah, I don't really want to make a new smurf and level it to 30/get all the runes and champions again just for a second shot at a fresh start.

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

agree with you 100% op