Trundle Buff Yet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidingNixx

02-07-2013

I always know which champs Riot has no interest in, by how many skins a champ has. Some champs have 8, while some have, even though they are ancient, have hardly any...

With this said, Trundle being a melee champ brings nothing to the table. His pillar disorganizes team fights, but all it is really best best for is trying to prevent escape, and is still easily overcome with flash/jump/dash/whatever BS ability one of the many other champs have for escape.

His Q, even maxed out with lots of attack, doesn't really seem to do much damage. The debuffs are rather weak. His ultimate is suppose to melt tanks, but even that feels like it doesn't do much, while it splits a debuff with a heal, it seems as if you do not get the full benefits from either.

If Trundle is meant to be a debuffer, his debuffs need to hit hard... they feel very very weak. I think my Orianna does more melee damage than Trundle... how sad is that?

Hey Riot, there is a reason some of these champs very rarely ever show up in games... it is because they are UP.... yes, that is UNDERPOWERED folks, which champs like Trundle are severely... unless Trundle is meant to be played by going around and KS'ing every kill, because unless overly fed, he is really really useless.

Before anyone responds arguing this point, I suggest you play trundle for your next 25 games, and ONLY Trundle. After that, and only after that, may you respond with how he is in a game.

WikkaWill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Perhaps he's a difficult champion and you're simply not playing him as well as you could be. By the way, a lot of champs can only overcome pillar of filth with flash. Puny spell cooldown vs. Vital summoner spell cooldown. You're saying it's not useful? Burn flash 'errday ganja ganja dank Trundle 'errday

Sorry about that last bit.

Grono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

If they remove the cast time on his Contaminate and Pillar of Filth, he should be much better. It takes so long for him to set up ganks that they get away before you get to them.

Kythadrin

02-08-2013

I would like to see his ult scale off of AD instead of AP. That might give him the little boost he needs. He is pretty viable in jungle if you play him correctly. If ganking bot go through tribush or lane bush not river. I usually play trundle as a tank, not someone looking to rack up a bunch of kills.

Effram

02-08-2013

I'm guessing I've played around 75 games with trundle and I've never felt underpowered in any of them.

His pillar is great for initiating, escaping, and hindering escapes. If you position it properly when ganking it becomes a giant obstacle in lane that forces people to either move around it's entire effect of try and flash over/jump through it, either way it's a summoner spell gone or they've been significantly slowed. Or better yet, wait for them to use their escapes after you lay down W and start catching up, then pillar so they have no where to go.

You shouldn't be ad trundle to make his q hit harder (I have a feeling that's why you think he's so underpowered in the first place). He's a tanky bruiser with emphasis on tankiness, not damage. His q provides a great damage boost early game that tapers off late game, but I've always seen a noticeable change in incoming damage when q is applied to another bruiser when dueling. Try him top lane against riven, darius, garen, olaf (you get the idea) and if you start of with some tankiness (like you should) you'll roll over them.

His ult isn't supposed to melt tanks, it makes it easier for your team to melt tanks, and it works very well. This is especially use full when you land teams that tend to focus the tank rather than the adc/apc. It also makes trundle extremely hard to kill for the duration, and the extra health (albeit it does seem low) still helps. I've been focused for entire team fights and managed to stay alive at under 25% health thanks to ulting the other teams tank and getting health gains from knocking off the enemy team.

Overall, he's meant to be a meat shield. Get (in no specific order) frozen mallet, spirits visage, wits end, something with life steal (wriggles if jungling, hydra if top), ninja tabi, and last whisper or GA depending on how the game's going. If you get last whisper his damage output with this build is actually really high. Then you sit in the middle of the enemy and try to draw attention to yourself, and let you're team have at 'em.

Ansaa

02-08-2013

They're fixing Nasus: Have hope, they don't just discard old champions. Chances are he may get a visual upgrade (some people have mentioned him) which means he can get a remake as well, much like they're doing with Karma right now.

RepeteGamer

02-11-2013

Whoa a remake on Trundle? that would be really nice. Thank you Effram for the advice on how to play Trundle! He's my next champion to buy I've seen angryhoneybadger play Trundle he did awesome so I have hope that I will be able to do good with Trundle.

Xarue

02-11-2013

Trundle is underpower, i blame the abilities W and E. trundles pillar is trundle life but to have another abilitiy to boost his speed seperated from an cc ability that slow the other team is a dumb waste of space, why not mix the two, have the pillar come up to slow the enemy while at the same time speeding him self up, right I know not a bad idea right, plus then hell have an extra slot for a new ability. I know some of you people are ganna be saying that its stupid but do you play trundle, did you play trundle like what VoidingNixx was saying no i dont think so. Extreamly underpower with two abilities that could of been mixed. The third ability i have in mind his where he slams his warhammer to the ground hitting around him knocking the stats out of the enemies becuase he is a debuffer.

Xarue

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansaa View Post
They're fixing Nasus: Have hope, they don't just discard old champions. Chances are he may get a visual upgrade (some people have mentioned him) which means he can get a remake as well, much like they're doing with Karma right now.
Love nasus

Eanruig

02-11-2013

No amount of cosmetic surgery can help trundle. We'll just have to deal with it.