Should I give up?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exarcoiris

02-11-2013

If you are losing too much due to enemy tower diving you in lane or poking you..
Maybe it might be a better idea to find some other champions such as Lux which can farm very easily and prevents tower divings..

Lux can Poke and Farm with her E and just last hit the illuminated minions aftr the E and snare diving enemies and let the tower do the work..

If your are top lane and you are losing very badly.. maybe its a good idea to farm from the jungle and call your jungler to help the top lane..

But **** does happen.. so I guess you just have to keep trying or play passively if you are not confident in 1 v 1 in laning phase (or just wait for a gank)

If you only focus last hittting eventually the enemy will push their lane and your jungler can have a nice time ganking

yacota

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupOrJuice View Post
I will say that I know it's bad to play a variety of champs when you're not even that good with one. However I will also say that it's almost impossible to practice a specific champion or role because I'm always forced to fill whatever role is needed (and it's a different role most of the time), so I can never get the sense of how to play a specific role. Wish this wasn't true but it's just a part of the game (you're never guaranteed a lane, even though i know people that have like 500 ranked games with 1 champion in 1 lane, no idea how they get that lucky). Oh well, guess I have to deal or move on. But thanks for the tips, guys. C4KE especially, thank you.

check the clan and team recruitment forums for a gaming community. its much easier to learn a champion or role if your with a team of people that are able to constructively criticize you and help you grow as a player. youll never get anywhere trying to get better at a champion if people keep telling you your bad. positive feedback does wonders, and having multiple veiws on a champion/ role from multiple people is even better. this game is amazing. the community is wats bad not you. keep trying

SoupOrJuice

02-12-2013

See the last time I used the clan and recruitment forum I found the friends I play with now, however the majority of the community were just random people that play blind pick and just screw around, no really serious players. Even the people I play with, all they really do nowadays is play ARAMs or Dominion. I guess I can try again, see if I can't find a semi-serious/competitive community, but a lot of the times they require try-outs which I don't think I would pass...no clue, though.

ZOMGTURTLE

02-12-2013

If you're looking for specifics about what you're doing wrong, get LolReplay and post some replays. Often times good players will watch them and give you a step by step of where you went wrong and what you should have done instead, which lets you know what to do and what not to do in those situations in the future.

SoupOrJuice

02-13-2013

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3u5hghjq39fv7l

Syndra game where I went 1/9/0, got absolutely dominated.

That's really the only game I have so far, the rest of my replays got messed up and don't have a title, so I don't know which is which.

I did just play a game with Syndra in Co-op vs AI (LoL Replay wasn't on for some reason) where I ... lost the lane to Cass Bot. No clue what I'm doing wrong, I think I underestimated the damage she could dish out, but after the 2nd death I sat back at tower, went in to last hit and just got straight up combo'd and died before I could run away :/ Probably just going to stop playing now, I mean I honestly can't beat AI and I have no idea why, what I'm doing wrong, what champions to play...just no clue about anything.

Feels bad, man.

Interceptor09

02-13-2013

yea op I feel your pain. I get outplayed a lot and it sucks. I understand what Im supposed to do, Im just not that good at executing. oh well

TheFlyboy

02-14-2013

Are you getting counterpicked every game?

Are you always first pick, and then picking mid or top?

sounds like you are getting countered hard.....

Zinzon

02-14-2013

My best tips is: PLAY THE CHAMPION YOU LIKE!!! Even if you got a defeat, if you had a good time while playing it you will be happy .

Furthermore, the more you practice a champion, the more you can bet your dmg vs his dmg. This result in good decison => less death, more kill etc... So you must find a hero that you like and stick with him. I had alot of loosing streak and everytime i played my main champ (heimerdinger) i had fun even when i was loosing. At a point, you will have a such deep knowledge of your hero that you will do the right decison without thinking.

Another point that is quite funny but real: choose a champion that not alot of people use. They dont know how to play against him. It help you a bit in your gameplay since they can't jump on every mistake you make because they dont know the match up.

You said you did poorly with syndra but syndra is a high skill champion. If it was your first games with her you cant expect to be godly. Just take a safe pick, one that you know you are great at.

Another one: know in which phase your champion is good and play accordingly (is it a word? haha). As syndra, you dont want to play aggressive early because of her low dmg output. She starts to shine at lvl 6. Just poke until then. But, we can push this further. If you know the other champion you know in which phase of the game he is strong. Which means you can be aggressive/passive according to the match up.

The last tips: Always play with the worst scenario in head. I mean if you play vs a lvl 6 annie and she has a stun up. ALWAYS ASSUME HER FLASH IS UP. You will avoid deaths, you will be able to bait a bit better and you will be able to dodge spell. This will result in a massive skill increase. Try to counter what can counter you (if it makes sense).

Those tips have helped me to be a better player. I never listen stream. So, i may lack some of theory/mechanics. But stream are good to increase rapidly but once again you will lock at a level where you will need more than theory/mechanics. This level is where the experience starts to be useful. Someone who have the theory will never beats someone with the experience (of the match up). So play,play,play AND LEARN YOUR CHAMPIONS LIMITS! Its by testing different situation you will do HUGE play.

With these tips, i almost never loose as heimerdinger. They think he is bad. But they never seen a "good" (skilled heimer), so they make mistake you can exploit because of your knowledge of your champion and their champion while they have only access of their knowledge of their champion. That way i learned some cool fact (heimer can carry!!! xD) and truly understand heimer potential with my playstyle

I hope it will be useful and sorry for that english. Im not that good in english.

Ziguezon