What is the reasoning behind champions with free abilities?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LinaFireSong

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesog View Post
Read the above post with the math....also, CDR is always important to kat, because you cant always rely on getting kills. 2nd of all, what DPS items give health in any large degree?

Frozen mallet for the whopping 20 AD?
Normally for me, even as DP kat, I get rayli's secptor for ability slow and HP, so I can't say Forzen Mallet is better, but it does prove you don't need to be an AP kat in order to use a nice utility item even without damage bonus.

Yeah I see your math, say you are right, but BB still has better ratio. Plus, in real situations, it's safer to use BB as main attack, plus as the other guy says, it's better after the lane phase when mutiple champions are sticking together.

TL Frolo

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaFireSong View Post
Normally for me, even as DP kat, I get rayli's secptor for ability slow and HP, so I can't say Forzen Mallet is better, but it does prove you don't need to be an AP kat in order to use a nice utility item even without damage bonus.

Yeah I see your math, say you are right, but BB still has better ratio. Plus, in real situations, it's safer to use BB as main attack, plus as the other guy says, it's better after the lane phase when mutiple champions are sticking together.
ok firstly its not "DP" kat it's AD kat
secondly mallet sucks on kat, you wont auto attack on her ever.
thirdly BB should not be your main attack in a team fight, its only good for harass during laning and poking. shunpo hits like a truck in a team fight

Cesog

10-25-2010

Quote:

then you are hybrid kat. not AD.

kkthx bb

LinaFireSong

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolossus View Post
ok firstly its not "DP" kat it's AD kat
secondly mallet sucks on kat, you wont auto attack on her ever.
thirdly BB should not be your main attack in a team fight, its only good for harass during laning and poking. shunpo hits like a truck in a team fight
wait... you shunpo during team fight? It's very stupid thing to shunpo onto anyone during teamfight unless you are trying to get away. In early game AND in team fight, you can harrase with BB, but IN TEAM FIGHT your main should be death lotus... not shunpo nor BB, the only difference is, in team fights, BB is still viable because the decent AD (happy now? professor?) gives BB a very nice damage edge even in that phase, while shunpo is only going to get you killed at that point.

Cesog

10-25-2010

Quote:
wait... you shunpo during team fight? It's very stupid thing to shunpo onto anyone during teamfight unless you are trying to get away. In early game AND in team fight, you can harrase with BB, but IN TEAM FIGHT your main should be death lotus... not shunpo nor BB, the only difference is, in team fights, BB is still viable because the decent AD (happy now? professor?) gives BB a very nice damage edge even in that phase, while shunpo is only going to get you killed at that point.
you KI BB then carry, shunpo onto him from behind, and DL before he can go AGHHHH.

then you shunpo out, and its a 5v4

TL Frolo

10-25-2010

Quote:
wait for the initiation, WER triple kill EE
kat is never meant to initiate for your team

LinaFireSong

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolossus View Post
wait for the initiation, WER triple kill EE
kat is never meant to initiate for your team
yeah, but it's the same for AD kat, the only difference is, you can harrase them before this happens with BB, and when you shunpo and DL, the damage is not going to be much difference because you are counting on your DL to deal the majority of the damage anyway.

Cesog

10-25-2010

Quote:
yeah, but it's the same for AD kat, the only difference is, you can harrase them before this happens with BB, and when you shunpo and DL, the damage is not going to be much difference because you are counting on your DL to deal the majority of the damage anyway.
except you are squishier and have less single target burst.

LinaFireSong

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesog View Post
except you are squishier and have less single target burst.
ahh, but in a team fight, mutple target damage is better than single target burst. And I am actually less squish, because I can do the same thing AP kat does, if I choose to, but I can also assest my situation and slip in a couple of BB to soften the herd up.

Cesog

10-25-2010

Quote:
ahh, but in a team fight, mutple target damage is better than single target burst. And I am actually less squish, because I can do the same thing AP kat does, if I choose to, but I can also assest my situation and slip in a couple of BB to soften the herd up.
you. have. less. health.

anti carry 1 target burst>multi target lesser burst.