What is the reasoning behind champions with free abilities?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warscythes

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark Ohiya View Post
People in here saying its because they don't do much with their abilities. mord and kat both do AMAZING with their abilities and that is where the majority of their damage comes from.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.
Morde's ability cost pretty high hp with no way except his ult to regen it. Other HP using champs like tryn and mundo always have a way to regen their HP.

OT: I think the trade off is longer cool downs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cesog

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaFireSong View Post
I doubt there are items so great, champions without mana couldn't do without. Plus, both Garen and Kat have great builds which is not AP, so in the end, benefit outweight the cost.
if you are building AD kat you are doing it wrong.

and garen is only OP because you let him be. get some MR for his ult, and dont run next to him when he spins, and he really cant do much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LinaFireSong

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warscythes View Post
Morde's ability cost pretty high hp with no way except his ult to regen it. Other HP using champs like tryn and mundo always have a way to regen their HP.

OT: I think the trade off is longer cool downs.
I already said it, Kat's passive allow her to reduce cooldown on kill or assist. Plus her BB and Shunpo both have quite short cooldown.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LinaFireSong

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesog View Post
if you are building AD kat you are doing it wrong.

and garen is only OP because you let him be. get some MR for his ult, and dont run next to him when he spins, and he really cant do much.
WRONG? What's wrong with AD Kat? Her death lotus can have additional AD damage OR AP damage, BB is only AD dependable. So I am only missing the damage from my getaway skill... So, I seriously wants to know, what is wrong with AD Kat?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warscythes

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaFireSong View Post
I already said it, Kat's passive allow her to reduce cooldown on kill or assist. Plus her BB and Shunpo both have quite short cooldown.
If she has mana those abilities would have even shorter cooldowns.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eddy01741

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Yeah... the fact that Garen's spin does so much damage and can be used any time it's off cooldown with no consequence does annoy me a bit. Literally, why not just give Garen mana. Little enough mana (or high enough mana cost) to make it so he can't spam all three abilities and faceroll early on, but enough mana so that late game he can spam his abilities nonstop like most other champions (let's face it, after a while most non casters never have problems with mana again).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cesog

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaFireSong View Post
WRONG? What's wrong with AD Kat? Her death lotus can have additional AD damage OR AP damage, BB is only AD dependable. So I am only missing the damage from my getaway skill... So, I seriously wants to know, what is wrong with AD Kat?
Ad kat is squishier, has lower burst, and higher cooldowns.

edit: i forgot the CDR from items


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LinaFireSong

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesog View Post
Ad kat is squishier, has lower burst, and higher cooldowns.

edit: i forgot the CDR from items
wrong, AP kat is much squisher, because her main skill requires her to shunpo onto the opponent. which means danger. While AD kat can spam BB, a range skill with decent range and one you get a couple of B.F sword on, BB becomes extremely powerful, WHILE shunpo and BB have the same amount of cooldown time. So no, AD kat has the same cooldowns, less squish and higher burst.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cesog

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaFireSong View Post
wrong, AP kat is much squisher, because her main skill requires her to shunpo onto the opponent. which means danger. While AD kat can spam BB, a range skill with decent range and one you get a couple of B.F sword on, BB becomes extremely powerful, WHILE shunpo and BB have the same amount of cooldown time. So no, AD kat has the same cooldowns, less squish and higher burst.
ooook.

first, squishy is in relation to health/armor. AP kat will have more health, thus less squishy.

Second, burst damage is the amount you can put out at once. BB puts out less than shunpo, thus less burst.

AP kat can and should get CDR items, leading to lower CDR.

so no, AP kat has less squish, less CDs, and higher burst.


/bow tyvm.


and if you are shunpoing into the middle of 5 enemies...YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG :O


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramdonperson

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
Yeah... the fact that Garen's spin does so much damage and can be used any time it's off cooldown with no consequence does annoy me a bit. Literally, why not just give Garen mana. Little enough mana (or high enough mana cost) to make it so he can't spam all three abilities and faceroll early on, but enough mana so that late game he can spam his abilities nonstop like most other champions (let's face it, after a while most non casters never have problems with mana again).
The whole point of diversity in a team game is that some characters are great early-game and become more useless as time goes on.. other characters are exactly the opposite. Why do the early-game advantage champs annoy you? If Garen's in your lane just sit back and think about how much you're going to roll his face in 20 mins.