What is the reasoning behind champions with free abilities?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ioaim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark Ohiya View Post
People in here saying its because they don't do much with their abilities. mord and kat both do AMAZING with their abilities and that is where the majority of their damage comes from.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.
Mordekaiser uses HP therefore, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purple Bile

Junior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lark Ohiya View Post
People in here saying its because they don't do much with their abilities. mord and kat both do AMAZING with their abilities and that is where the majority of their damage comes from.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.
All kat needs is a stun to shut her off. If she were to be mana based I feel as though she would not be a very viable champ.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LinaFireSong

Senior Member

10-25-2010

I play kat because I don't have to worry about mana :P plus she can get in and get out and deals a lot of damage while she's at it. Dam she is awesome.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BENEST

Senior Member

10-25-2010

manaless champs requires seperate rune pages from every other champ pretty much. That in itself gives ppl more incentive to keep grinding away for ip to get their rune pages for their manaless champs. And also for ppl to buy more rune pages. Thats pretty much the only reason i can see why they'd make Garen or Katrina manaless and no hp use for skills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spellseal

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainCakesx View Post
The health ones I can understand, such as Mundo and Vladimir.

The the champions with absolutely free abilities confuse me.
Vladimir has an almost minuscule health cost on everything, which he can easily get back ten times over with his absolutely FREE self-heal Q, so his skills are pretty much free.
Katarina has very long cooldowns, so a mana cost is not really needed, especially since none of these skills are SELF-HEALS.
Mundo has pretty reasonable health costs, and I don't know a thing about Garen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Donyrage

Senior Member

10-25-2010

if kat had to worry about mana it would mean only ap could possibly be viable, and even then it would suck.
This is just a q'q ima noob thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LinaFireSong

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellseal View Post
Vladimir has an almost minuscule health cost on everything, which he can easily get back ten times over with his absolutely FREE self-heal Q, so his skills are pretty much free.
Katarina has very long cooldowns, so a mana cost is not really needed, especially since none of these skills are SELF-HEALS.
Mundo has pretty reasonable health costs, and I don't know a thing about Garen.
guess again, whenever Kat kills or assist, she gets cooldown reduction. I am pretty good as kat, so I spend most of the game with my ult always ready not to mention the rest of skills. And even without her passive, BB and Shunpo are still very spammable, cooldown isn't long at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cesog

Senior Member

10-25-2010

you lose the ability to buy all items that give mana, many of which are useful. rod of ages, for example, gives massive health and mana, as well as AP, and is great for a squishier champ. An AP kat cant get it however.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramdonperson

Senior Member

10-25-2010

like someone said earlier: Diversity.

Why are there tanks and supports and casters? Why can some characters stealth or stun or heal?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LinaFireSong

Senior Member

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesog View Post
you lose the ability to buy all items that give mana, many of which are useful. rod of ages, for example, gives massive health and mana, as well as AP, and is great for a squishier champ. An AP kat cant get it however.
I doubt there are items so great, champions without mana couldn't do without. Plus, both Garen and Kat have great builds which is not AP, so in the end, benefit outweight the cost.


123456 ... 7