What is the reasoning behind champions with free abilities?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PainCakesx

10-25-2010

This is not a QQ nor is it a OP or UP thread. I'm curious as to the reasoning behind champions like Katarina and Garen that causes them to be manaless compared to other champions with similar skills which DO cost mana.

What makes the above 2 different from almost every other champion?

djpeanutbutter

10-25-2010

Nice ninja edit. There's a bunch of champs that do not use mana, it's called diversity.

Nosef

10-25-2010

Mana-less and health cost-less as well don't forget!

OrinjJoose

10-25-2010

Longer cooldowns

TalkGibberish

10-25-2010

Well, Katarina was first, and I think it was just to try a "Cooldown Only" champ, just to mix things up.

In the Lore, Kat and Garen have some... history.... so he is a counterpart to her.

PainCakesx

10-25-2010

The health ones I can understand, such as Mundo and Vladimir.

The the champions with absolutely free abilities confuse me.

Bakarov

10-25-2010

Its probably because they are designed to not deal to much dmg with they're abilities however they are designed to stay put and lane. The 1 of many reasons people hate Garen so much is that he does do good damage and his abilities are free. At least he does good dmg in the early game

Tonberry

10-25-2010

You don't need mana if you have a forbidden love affair(romeo and juliet).

Gribblez

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakarov View Post
Its probably because they are designed to not deal to much dmg with they're abilities however they are designed to stay put and lane. The 1 of many reasons people hate Garen so much is that he does do good damage and his abilities are free. At least he does good dmg in the early game
'
Its not just Garens abilities that do good/great damage. Pretty much everyones abilities do good to great damage. Its the fact that Garen has such high survivability to go along with that damage. His damage mitigation and health are way too high for the amount of damage that he can dish out.

Lark Ohiya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

People in here saying its because they don't do much with their abilities. mord and kat both do AMAZING with their abilities and that is where the majority of their damage comes from.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

12345 ... 7