Riot you must fix the middle of screen bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venova

02-07-2013

I go into RANKED QUEUE. Have a plenty decent champion select, no one arguing. I go support Leona. My friend messages me on steam, so I talk with him while everyone else chooses their champions. The game launches stuck between my 2 monitors. I can't fix the problem without ending the process, so I do while it's on the loading screen. I relaunch LoL only to find it's going to PATCH. I have been waiting over 10 minutes now for it to patch some tiny 25mb hotfix, which is going at about 20kbps, and seems stuck at 99%. I'm sure I will be reported for this. My connection is not that slow, I never lagout or have trouble, I can steam hd youtube just fine. Why is your patch server sending me the patch so slowly? Why do I have to lose my promotion series because you don't fix a well known bug. I will go to support with this, I should have a loss forgiven.

Drakylon

02-07-2013

Go to ESC > Video and change your resolution. That'll put the game on your main monitor, then you can just change it back. It's what I always do when my game gets stuck in the corner.

DaNkSpAdE

02-07-2013

Riot you need to loss forgive this man because of you're ****ty bugs

Venova

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakylon View Post
Go to ESC > Video and change your resolution. That'll put the game on your main monitor, then you can just change it back. It's what I always do when my game gets stuck in the corner.
I have tried that in the past, but I can't confirm it because the button is off the screen or I couldn't drag it where I needed or something, maybe it's different now with the new UI but I don't think so - I may try that in a custom game just to see.\

Also an update, we actually won the game, I got in at about 28 minutes (thanks updater...) and my team was up by about 7 kills, we were down in towers though and the enemy was eyeing baron. A few teamfights went by and I just tried to ward and farm the lanes and jungle a little, which was very hard and slow being a level 1 Leona. When I got in the enemy GP ulted our spawn to try to kill me, wasn't enough though, and he also tried to come kill me when I was farming creeps (very slowly) but i backed off since I saw him from my wards. I bought warmogs and boots when i got in so I would be less of a free kill or at least not die to creeps, a good call I think. Once I got to 8 I started skirting around the edges of fights and ulting and trying to draw some focus from the enemies and get some stuns off, I saved our fizz once during a push by jumping back in and stunning the enemy corki and they killed me while our fizz escaped. A few more fights went on that we usually would win, and we went on to win it at about 45 minutes or so. My team was very gracious and understanding, and our MF had won her lane even, I ended with 1/3/8, so I think I was helpful to some degree.

An pleasant and unexpected outcome, but still very upsetting that I couldn't be there to help my team, and the stress I had while waiting to get in. This has happeend a few times before where a crash or needed end process forces me to patch when I need to get back in immediately. It would be nice if the launcher would give an option to bypass non-required patches, like every update put on the server would be flagged as critical or not, and if not, users could click a button to bypass it so they could get back in to their game from a crash. With the attention Riot usually puts to detail, this sort of thing is kindof a glaring omission.